TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
1388 people found this useful

My return is accepted but still not approved - is there a problem? Should I be worried?

Don't worry if this is what you keep seeing whenever you check Where's My Refund:

It doesn't mean you're being audited – the 2016 "audit season" doesn't start until summer.

If your return was accepted less than 21 days ago, hang in there. It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to go from acceptance to approval.  This timeframe is unrelated to how, where, or when you filed and it isn't connected to how quickly you got your refund last year.

IRS representatives will be able to research the status of your refund if your return was accepted (received) more than 21 calendar days ago. Call them at 1-800-829-1040, but prepare for potentially long wait times.

For more info about "Where's My Refund" and other refund-related topics, visit the IRS webpage Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions.

GEN87011