turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Error message “Oops! It appears there was a drop in our connection” issue

It's not my computer and it's not my browser and it's not cookies.  I've changed computers and changed browsers.  The problem remains.  TurboTax Online has indigestion from attempting to process a large download of stock transactions (about 2,000) from the Fidelity web site.  I'm looking for help from TurboTax to allow me to "Clear and Start Over" from the grayed out menu pick.

I've already clearly demonstrated the problem by screen sharing with the TurboTax rep.  She sees it and cannot fix it.  I would appreciate some technical help from TurboTax.  There is no workaround from any of the posted help comments.

Correct!! This is not a cache issue, this is not an Internet issue, this is not a browser issue, what part of all the feedback provided you don’t comprehend @TerukoL? Read!! Most of the people posting here are computer savvy. There is a big bug on your system that is affecting dozens of customers. Your reply just make you look stupid, please stop posting the same crap, this an IT issue and so far they haven’t done anything to fix it.

ginta00

Same issue happened to me as soon as I tried to upload the fidelity transactions. 

@TerukoL , This is not the issue. Please read the comments.

There is a big bug in the TurboTax system that is affecting many customers, this is an IT issue and so far they haven’t done anything to fix it;  customer service cannot help with that just IT service; and the only solution we received is: create a new account, forget the time you spent filling the information for your 2020 taxes, and also for the ones that have been using TurboTax for other years, now you will have to use multiple accounts. The, "One account, everything Intuit" makes no sense, as you have to create a new account. This is not acceptable.

Is unbelievable, no professional at all.  Turbo tax has a Product Liability with their customers, and many have been affected, they have responsibility for the defective product.

This is causing clients to waste a lot of time, and the worse is that they do not follow up or give any solution to the problem. This is absolutely unprofessional from Turbotax, it is very frustrating.

No follow-ups, no IT response,  and no resolution, very disappointing.

TurboTax experts, please stop responding with the same solution that does not fix the problem!!!!, escalates the bug to someone that can help to solve it.

Like others, I'm experiencing this same error. I was just on the phone with a rep and all they could tell me was everything that was stated on here. Last weekend, I cleared my cache, cookies, and waited until today to try again. This is extremely frustrating reading this thread, knowing others are just as frustrated with little to no help from TurboTax.

The page you are referring to restricted.  We cannot access that page.  I cannot finish my taxes due to this issue.

All you turbo tax employees keep posting what seems like an internal link to FAQ - none of us have access rights to load that page....post the public FAQ link.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Try this link. What if Transmit Returns doesn't work?

If you are still unable to transmit your return after trying the above steps please contact TurboTax Support.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300041

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@SForrestLO Did you even read what the issue was?

Same issue. Not cache or platform. 

This issue keeps occurring.  Spent an hour on the phone with a customer support rep and they were unable to assist.  Ran through all of the steps they recommended including emptying cache, deleting history, reopening the software, etc. to no avail.  I think this is a software problem on the Intuit side in light of the number of complaints online from other users.  This needs to be fixed by Intuit.

Have the same exact problem. I don't know what else to do

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

Investigations have been done and nothing indicates any issues with our product. We would suggest logging out of your TurboTax account, clear cache, and delete cookies. Then try logging back in to your TurboTax account to see if the issue is resolved. You can also try a new browser, reboot your modem, or as a last case you can clear and start over.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@TiffanyL The stupid thing doesn't even allow to clear and start over and I followed all other steps. I have another solution: move to another provider.

@TiffanyL several people have now reported this issue. They have also spent hours on the phone and tried the steps provided by customer support and have all indicated the product has a software issue and is failing. To reply to this thread and tell us there is no issue with the product is insulting.

It is only the beginning of tax filing season so I expect this issue will become more prevalent as more customers begin to file their taxes. My suggestion is that the TurboTax team should try a little harder to solve this problem before it becomes hundreds or thousands of customers unable to file their taxes.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies