turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Error message “Oops! It appears there was a drop in our connection” issue

@bostontea Please see the above post by CarissaM to sign up to be notified when this issue is resolved.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks. Issue not resolved yet. I can't sit around while tax deadline coming.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

We apologize the issue has not been resolved. We are working to get this resolved still. @bostontea

Issue not fixed. I found out the root cause but need someone from TurboTax to clear out and reset my in progress Tax for 2021. Support can't do it since they're not full time employees but workers from contracted employee. Not happy with TurboTax.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

So we can take a closer look at your specific situation, please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here.  To ensure you will get to the correct department as quickly as possible - please mention "Technical Support".  

@bostontea

Hello from another tax year with the same issue. Didn't get this issue anytime before and have tried waiting around for a week to see if the servers were the issue (obviously no dice there). It seems like a lot of people have been repeatedly running into this error year after year. Has anyone been able to get a workaround to this in any way?

I had just started my taxes and couldn't continue in the same sitting, and now I can't pick up where I left off at all. I'm using the free filing version since my taxes are very simple, so the reset option isn't even present in the toolbar. Before you tell me to toggle things on my computer, I've done it all. Nothing is working.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are having problems with the program or glitches, please try clearing your cookies and cache. 

How to clear your cache. 

How to delete cookies. 

If this does not work, I recommend trying another browser and checking your internet connection, ensure you are hardwired.

If you need additional assistance you can contact an agent. 

Junebug, I had the same problem starting last Sunday (4/2/23) as well. I was on my PC at the TT website and this infuriating message kept popping up. Usually when I clicked on "take me to where I left off." It kept giving me this error through today. 

I just made my own post somewhere on this forum but I resolved the issue by downloading TurboTax app on my cellphone.

I was able to sign in today to my existing account and finish and file my return.  

So if you are on a PC, try the phone app.  I have no clue why it worked but it worked.

And I will join the chorus of those telling the mods here to stop sharing the ridiculous advice to 'clear your cache" or "try a different browser"  as a solution to this particular problem. It's simply not helpful. 

INTUIT THIS PROBLEM IS AT YOUR END, NOT OURS!!! 

Using the app I was able to finish my returns... interesting that that works and not the browser version. Thank you for that!

And once again, seconded on the copy/paste solution... even though I know sometimes that's all you really can do in the front-end customer support.

kemar785

you guys just keep repeating the same thing over and over clearing your cookies cache changing browsers does not fix the problem 

sawyer09
Returning Member

Yet here it is 4/7/24 and still the same error. What Gives?

The problem itself is a scam for data collection and to encourage people to move to the app. Moving to the app is the only solution, Intuit knows this but will not say this, because it's the whole point of the bug. It's planned obsolescence browser-to-app style. And we're all a bunch of clowns for giving them this much data over the issue because it's just gonna help them dial it in so they can get the data collection (and increased upselling) revenue that the apps generate.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies