cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 1

How to change from itemized deductions to standard deductions in 2017 deluxe, can find the option "Wrap Up Tax Breaks"

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 1

How to change from itemized deductions to standard deductions in 2017 deluxe, can find the option "Wrap Up Tax Breaks"

In TurboTax , to change from itemized deductions to the standard deduction, Try this:

Open your 2017 Return and follow theses steps:
  • Click on Federal Taxes then Deductions and Credits. Desktop/CD Download users may see "I'll choose what I work on"
  • After going through the deductions and credit section, Choose Wrap Up Tax Breaks. Desktop/CD Download users may see Done with Deductions 
  • You may then see a screen regarding an IRA tax break, you can click not this year or you can go through the section if needed, then hit continue
  • Go through any summary or analysis screens (or interview questions) until you reach the screen that says What you're getting: Federal Standard Deduction
  • There should be a box directly under that to select to change your deduction. Check that box and follow the prompts. (screenshot attached).

3 Replies
Level 1

In TurboTax , to change from itemized deductions to the standard deduction, Try this:

Open your 2017 Return and follow theses steps:
  • Click on Federal Taxes then Deductions and Credits. Desktop/CD Download users may see "I'll choose what I work on"
  • After going through the deductions and credit section, Choose Wrap Up Tax Breaks. Desktop/CD Download users may see Done with Deductions 
  • You may then see a screen regarding an IRA tax break, you can click not this year or you can go through the section if needed, then hit continue
  • Go through any summary or analysis screens (or interview questions) until you reach the screen that says What you're getting: Federal Standard Deduction
  • There should be a box directly under that to select to change your deduction. Check that box and follow the prompts. (screenshot attached).

Level 1

Mine does not have a checkbox to change deduction
Level 1

I'm not seeing a checkbox to change deduction either