turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pegtier

State Tax File

I already filed my Federal return but Turbo Tax will not download my free state file (Minnesota) so I can complete my state return. I am caught in a loop. I followed the recommended bug fix and removed the old file and reinstalled but it still doesn't work. How am I going to file my state return on time? This is frustrating. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

15 Replies

State Tax File

You didn't indicate exactly which "Fix" you used....did you try this one?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/state-loop-indicates-turbotax-is-up-to-date-after-...

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
pegtier

State Tax File

Yep - used that one. Tried it several times. Doesn't work. 

State Tax File

Then customer support is your only recourse.  Sometimes they are willing to push an entirely separate State installation file to you.....

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
Korps22

State Tax File

Having basically the same issue.  TurboTax locked up, un-installed then re-installed, now it won't acknowledge that I had previously selected Michigan as my free filing state.

Super Frustrating!!!

State Tax File

It didn't work. I tried all those 3 possible ways.

Raiskul

State Tax File

Im having the same issue for CT State Tax

State Tax File

Did this ever get solved for you. We are not able to download the state and the updater seams to be failing. What did you actually do to fix this and get your state to download to finish filing your state.

petdrne

State Tax File

Same issue with the Iowa State Return

State Tax File

I would like to why my taxes was rejected?

WJRF
Level 1

State Tax File

Premier version downloaded.  MA state says software is up to date but won't start. Keeps putting me in loop. I have uninstalled and re installed at least 2 times.

I filed Federal extension since I could not do State.

State Tax File

I already filed my Federal return but Turbo Tax will not download my free state file (Minnesota) so I can complete my state return. I am caught in a loop.   online free .

help 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

State Tax File

How do I e-file my state after I already filed my federal?

How to file a state return after the federal

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dantish
Returning Member

State Tax File

I am stuck in a loop when trying to review my Virginia state tax return.  How can I perform this review?  I am particularily interested in how to put in the contributions that were made to the VA 529 plan in 2020.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies