turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My Turbo Tax says my return has been accepted, but the IRS website says it hasn't been? Is this normal?

Mines saying the same thing 

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

My Turbo Tax says my return has been accepted, but the IRS website says it hasn't been? Is this normal?

What status are you seeing on the IRS refund tool?

If there is no record of your return, or the system says the information is wrong, please make sure you are entering the correct social security number, filing status, and refund amount.

To verify your Social Security Number:

• If you filed a Form 1040, the Social Security Number is shown on Page 1 in the upper right-hand corner.
  • If you filed a Form 1040NR, the Social Security Number is shown on Page 1 in the upper right-hand corner.
  • If you filed a Form 1040PR, the Social Security Number is shown on Page 1 in the upper right-hand corner.
  • If you filed a Form 1040SS, the Social Security Number is shown on Page 1 in the upper right-hand corner.

To verify your refund amount:

• If you filed a Form 1040, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 35a.
  • If you filed a Form 1040NR, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 35a.
  • If you filed a Form 1040PR, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 14a.
  • If you filed a Form 1040SS, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 14a.

To verify your filing status:

• If you filed a Form 1040, the Filing Status is shown on the top of the form above your name and social security number.
  • If you filed a Form 1040NR, the Filing Status is shown on the top of the form above your name and social security number.
  • If you filed a Form 1040PR, the Filing Status is shown on Page 1, Part 1, Line 1.
  • If you filed a Form 1040SS, the Filing Status is shown on Page 1, Part 1, Line 1.

If you cannot track your refund on the IRS refund tool despite confirming your information is correct, please click here for some more tips.

Most tax returns process within 21 days. However, some may take longer. TurboTax does not receive any updates on the status of returns once the IRS accepts them. This means that we can't say for sure why you haven’t received your refund. If it's been longer than 21 days since you e-filed and your return was accepted, you'll have to speak directly to IRS to find out more about the delay. Please click here for more information. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Absolutely agree !!!   I ordered transcripts and there is no record of my taxes for this year !  Turbo tax says accepted on feb 12th. And this is crazy it’s been over the 21 days 

turbo tax gives no help I will never file thru them again.  I know ppl who filed with other companies/tax products who have already got there’s back.  Has anyone from turbo tax got there return ??  And remember turbo tax was 

also the reason some. Ppl got there stimulate and some didn’t  in the summer.  🤦‍♀️ 

SMH I wish I knew this before I did mines 

Same issue! Filed my taxes 1/31...they were accepted 2/12...IRS STILL has NO RECORD of them. Only my 2019 taxes. I’m getting frustrated because I keep getting responses of, Did you enter the information correctly? YES this isn’t my first time filing taxes and checking for my refund...Then I get messages telling me, If it’s Pending then...NOPE doesn’t say Pending, THE IRS HAS NO RECORD OF MY 2020 taxes and I filed the the exact same way as last year. I understand this issue may be on the IRS side, but how does Turbo Tax not communicate with the IRS to try to explain why this happens to their customers? 

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Since it has been more than 21 days please click here for more details and assistance.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

And when I do it says, Check with your tax preparer or tax software provider...thrown in complete circles.

The IRS is running behind due to COVID and a huge amount of early tax returns being filed this year.

21 days is not a magic number - it is just an average.

TurboTax only gives the general IRS (most returns are processed within 21 days) date. The actual date is known only by the IRS. TurboTax also does not adjust the general date for anything on the tax return. TurboTax receives no feedback from the IRS after filing.

The IRS says most refunds will be issued within 21 days - some faster, some longer.
(Most means more than half so many take longer - MUCH longer)

Each tax return is evaluated on its own merits. There is no first-in-first-out. Two similar tax return submitted at the same time can have totally different processing times based on IRS criteria for examining tax returns that the IRS does not divulge.

Some returns will be held for ID verification or other verification. The IRS will send a letter if they require more information to process your tax return.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/refund-timing

Check your refund status here:
https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Check your state refund here:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

So I realize that this message thread is from last year...but I'm hoping someone can help. I filed February 13th, and it is now March 11th. I did the direct deposit, and I have checked, double checked, re-checked, quadruple checked and so on, to make sure that my account and routing number was correct. So that wasn't the issue. Turbo Tax's website's help assistance said that my Federal Return was "On it's Way!" But when I try to check the IRS website, as I have been trying to for weeks now, it tells me that they cannot provide any information. And the app IRS2Go, tells me that there is no record found... Which has me kind of panicking. Is this something I should be concerned about???

@Mswright79 

Do you know of anyone who has used Turbo Tax and had this problem has received their return yet?

Turbo Tax said my return was accepted, but the IRS slashed the amount for a list of reasons that don't apply to me at all.

So I must call the IRS with the information from their webpage and try to get it straight.

On another scary note, the State of Oregon can't find my return either. It was filed the same time, and I have the email from Turbo Tax saying it WAS accepted. This may be an ugly year.

For your lost filing, call the IRS at their service number [phone number removed]. Try ext. 332. Don't let this wait. The IRS will be swamped soon.

Well it told me my estimated date was the 6 and still havent seen anything yet

@Lashunn20 

It told me the same thing... 

I filed by way of recovery rebate and it's been 28 days as if today.  Why is my status still showing being processed? 

Kmichelle47
Returning Member

Mine is doing the same currently I am using the where’s my refund tool and it has no record but when I call treasury they are seeing there are no offsets found and when I call to get an update via irs on the phone they can’t give me information, mind you it’s accepted on turbo tax app I’m so confused 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies