turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why was my refund advance denied. I met all of the qualifications.

I applied for the refund advance and according to the listed qualifications, I currently meet them all. My refund was for almost $3000, just 1 W2, and 3 dependents. I don't understand why the system is not set up to at least give you a reason for denial or let you know which qualifications you did not meet. I have been using TurboTax since 2015 with no problems with any of my returns. Has has this happened to anyone else or can anyone shed some light on the reasons why they deny you when you meet the qualifications?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

77 Replies

What if I don't qualify for Refund Advance?

If you don't qualify, you'll receive an email confirming you won’t receive a Refund Advance. It will include information about why you were not eligible for a Refund Advance. Your federal refund (minus any other agreed upon fees) will be loaded onto a Turbo Visa Debit Card.1

Why wasn't I approved for a Refund Advance?

Unfortunately, you did not meet the qualification criteria for the Refund Advance. First Century Bank NA will send you an email explaining why you weren’t eligible for the Refund Advance.

If you didn't pre-qualify for Refund Advance, it may be because:

• Your federal refund was not $500 or more.
  • You did not agree to all the Refund Advance terms and conditions.
  • You owed the U.S. Government or your State.
  • You had debt enforced by a State such as, but not limited to, child support obligations, past student loans, tax liens, and any other payments owed to a Federal or State agency.
  • You did not pass the lender’s final evaluation. Subject to review of third-party information.
jlseek
Returning Member

How did you find out you were denied?

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

The refund advance program is run through First Century Bank, a partner site, and they are responsible for determining if you qualify. https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-refund-advance/00/27333

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

After I selected it and clicked the necessary boxes confirming I agreed to everything it tells you its going to submit your info and it came back that I did not qualify. 

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

If you don't qualify, you'll receive an email confirming you won’t receive a Refund Advance. It will include information about why you were not eligible for a Refund Advance. Your federal refund (minus any other agreed upon fees) will be loaded onto a Turbo Visa Debit Card. For more detailed information, please click here

I didnt get an email or any type of explanation. Check spam folders also. Nothing. Just left in the dark.

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

First Century Bank NA will send you an email explaining why you weren’t eligible for the Refund Advance.

If you didn't qualify for Refund Advance, it may be because:

• Your federal refund was not $500 or more.
  • You did not agree to all the Refund Advance terms and conditions.
  • You owed the U.S. Government or your State.
  • You had debt enforced by a State such as, but not limited to, child support obligations, past student loans, tax liens, and any other payments owed to a Federal or State agency.
  • You did not pass the lender’s final evaluation. Subject to review of third-party information.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-the-refund-advance-application-process/00/25557

Teeteeb

If one more person says that they're going to send an email saying why you are denied I'm going to flip out!! I met all the criteria, waited to see if I pre-qualified and was told I didn't qualify. Didn't receive ANY email from ANYONE saying why. Soooo irritated!

Yes!!! Same here!!! All I keep getting are these scripted copy and paste answers that are no help. Fact of the matter is YOU DO NO GET AND EMAIL and you are left wondering even after meeting the criteria. 

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see an answer posted above by EbonyL122824

I filed my federal January 15 and applied for the advance Jan 15 and got denied. Why am I just now receiving an email that they mailed me the debit card? 2/20/2020?? They just now mailing it!

bbell1102
Returning Member

I got the same exact email..and it worry's me because when I first filed, I tried to do refund advance and I did not qualify, so I changed my method to direct deposit and put all my bank account info in. Now its telling me that my card is on the way, and my refund will be put on there after any "fees". Also there are probably fee's to using the card, which I don't want. I shouldn't have to pay 5 dollars in fee's because I'm not using an "approved" atm to take MY money out, from your crappy card that you decided to mail to me even though I didn't qualify or want it.

Smells like a hunk of junk to me..

That's weird. Did you request to have your refund issued on the card after you were denied? If not why are they sending you a card?

I put my direct deposit info also. I just rechecked..

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies