turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why can't i print my 2019 tax return

Have not received anything from the IRS on my return. 

Filed and paid. can not find proof of payment for turbotax 

return has not been accepted yet

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

What is the status of your return right now?       @m-ballinger-sbcglobal-net

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

Or -

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state.

This will take you back in to the 2019 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

ao6
Returning Member

I'm so sorry, but i'm having troubles getting my TurboTax Online to print for my daughter.  She owes $0 to michigan and it's not generating the returns, only the cover page.  I've followed similar directions to yours from other threads (eg. add a state, tax tools, print center... all the way to print my forms) and it's always the same thing... the courrier type font 🙂 cover page.  NO state returns below it.  Can someone help?

@ ao6 wrote:

I'm so sorry, but i'm having troubles getting my TurboTax Online to print for my daughter.  She owes $0 to michigan and it's not generating the returns, only the cover page.  I've followed similar directions to yours from other threads (eg. add a state, tax tools, print center... all the way to print my forms) and it's always the same thing... the courrier type font 🙂 cover page.  NO state returns below it.  Can someone help?

Has the state return been paid for, or is it in a free product?   Why are you printing:   Are you printing for review prior to filing, printing to file by mail, or printing for your records after efiling?  

If printing to file by mail, have you indicated under the FILE tab that you plan to file it by mail?   After you indicate you intend to file by mail, follow the instructions there, and it should offer you a way to download/print there from that section, too.

Otherwise, for the method you've been trying, when you go to Tax Tools, then Tools, then Print Center, choose to download the PDF to your computer.  If it asks you which PDF you want be sure it's the one that also includes the state return.    Once the PDF is on your computer, see if it will display and print the state return.

If you still can't find it with either of those methods, are you sure you finished the state return?     Go to the State Taxes tab and walk through the screens of the Michigan interview again.   Once complete, go through the REVIEW tab to see if it shows any errors.

If you need to speak to TurboTax Support, here's how.

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days.

You can use this contact form to get a phone number:
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

If you are using Free Edition, phone support is not included unless you upgrade to PLUS (29.99).  But you can contact a TurboTax Support agent for free directly via messaging at Twitter or Facebook.

https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax
or
https://www.facebook.com/turbotax

Jebur39

I can not print my tax return by using the Print Center button.  It sends me to a WordPerfect site that requires a password and it will not accept the TurboTax password.  I've used TurboTax for many years and this is the first time that I have had difficulty printing the tax forms.  Please help.

@Jebur39 wrote:

I can not print my tax return by using the Print Center button.  It sends me to a WordPerfect site that requires a password and it will not accept the TurboTax password.  I've used TurboTax for many years and this is the first time that I have had difficulty printing the tax forms.  Please help.

If you are using the Edge web browser and download the PDF of the tax return the browser will change the PDF file extension form .pdf to .txt

Rename the file extension back to .pdf

Or you do not have the PDF viewer, Adobe Reader, installed and use that application for all PDF files.

Free download - https://get.adobe.com/reader/

Renee

Having trouble locating my 2019 TaxReturn 

IRS for Renee Blount 

@Renee  wrote:

Having trouble locating my 2019 TaxReturn 

IRS for Renee Blount 

You have to sign onto your 2019 online account using the exact same user ID you used to create the online account.

Close all TurboTax windows on your web browser (including this one).  Copy and paste the account recovery website link onto a new web browser window and run the tool.

Use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of all the user ID's for an email address.  Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If none of the user ID's received will access your 2019 account, then use the option shown in blue on the account recovery website, "Try something else"

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

Or -

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2019 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

And by mail I just did an amendment

Bu10

Why can’t I Print my 2020 Tax Return

Bu10

Prior to filing and using my print returns buttong

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

If you haven't yet filed, refer to the following Help Article for printing instructions:  How do I view or print my in-progress 2020 return, or view a summary or specific line on my return?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies