Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why can't i print my 2019 tax return

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

141 Replies

Have you already filed, and if so, has your return been accepted, and are you now printing for your records?  Or are you printing to review prior to filing?  Or are you printing to file by mail?

How are you printing?  Are you trying from the Download/print button at the Tax Home and is it not working? Or were you trying in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents" for 2019, with the link "Download/print the PDF?"

We may be able to tell you an alternate way to print at the Print Center from inside your return once you answer the above.

My returns have been filed and accepted.  I am trying to print for my records.

I have tried download and print.  It asks if I want to open PDF or save.  Nothing opens, and if I try the save option, it downloads a .com file which doesn't work either.  I have also selected the Print option at the top  of the home page.  Every option  I have tried has the same result.

This time of year the PDF available at the Tax Home or in "Your Tax Returns & Documents" may not have updated to complete form.  But I'll tell you another way to get it.

You said it downloaded as "a .com file" above, but perhaps you mean a .txt file (text file).  Are you using Edge browser by any chance?  Edge can sometimes download the PDF with a .txt file extension instead of as a PDF.   Sometimes manually changing the extension of the downloaded file from .txt to .PDF will work, but may not.    If you have a different browser to try, it might solve that part of the problem.  But if problems continue, or the PDF does not have all of your return, the best place to get a complete PDF when there are issues is from inside the return at the Print Center.

Here's an alternate way to print by opening the filed return back up to print at the Print Center.   Hopefully, that will get you clean PDFs.   But if it were to still download as a .txt file, change the extension from .txt to .PDF, and if that doesn't work,  you'll need to use a different browser.

NOTE:  When you open your return back up, do not make any changes in it since it's already been filed.  If you later have to amend the return, it has to start off exactly as it was when it was originally filed.

• Log in and at the Tax Home or in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents" for 2019, look for a link "Add a State."
  • Click on "Add a State."  (That doesn't really add one.  That's just to open your return back up.)
  • After the return is open, click in the left menu column on TAX TOOLS, then PRINT CENTER.
  • Then choose "Print, save, view this year's return."
  • The next screen should offer several options:  "Just my tax returns", or "include government worksheets (optional)", or "include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional.)"
  • See if one of those PDFs has what you need.

NOTE:  Remember all PDF tax documents and tax data files are very sensitive files, since they contain your personal ID info, financial data, and possibly bank account numbers, etc.  Be sure to store them safely and securely to guard against computer theft, hacking, etc.

@tkregna wrote:

My returns have been filed and accepted.  I am trying to print for my records.

I have tried download and print.  It asks if I want to open PDF or save.  Nothing opens, and if I try the save option, it downloads a .com file which doesn't work either.  I have also selected the Print option at the top  of the home page.  Every option  I have tried has the same result.

Sign onto your TurboTax online account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down and click on Add a State.  This will take you back to the 2019 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen. Then click on Print Center. Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.

cdswanger

I have filed my returns & been accepted but am unable to print out the return.

@ cdswanger wrote:

I have filed my returns & been accepted but am unable to print out the return.

The 2 answers above your post both have directions for an alternate way to print by opening the return to get to the Print Center.

NOTE:  When you open your return back up, do not make any changes in it since it's already been filed.  If you later have to amend the return, it has to start off exactly as it was when it was originally filed.

trucci24

help

trucci24

return accepted and want copy

trucci24

solution?

trucci24

your answer???????????????????????????????????

@trucci24 wrote:

return accepted and want copy

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

Or -

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2019 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

@trucci24 wrote:

your answer???????????????????????????????????

The answer was provided on this thread above your post.

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

Or -

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2019 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

I had to use google chrome browser.  It would then let me download the pdf and print.  It would not using internet explorer.

I have filed Federal and State returns, they have been accepted. I cannot  print from Download/print return. When I choose this, option, at the bottom of my screen it shows ..open ..save..

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies