turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Kashx

Where is my return?? MVB BANK?

I have still not received my tax return, I did select to have my return send via a debit card but I NEVER received this debit card. At this point I have tracked the routing number to a bank in Texas, MVB Bank who I have never banked with as I’m in Pennsylvania. Any help? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

25 Replies

You need to contact that bank.

@ Kashx wrote:

I have still not received my tax return, I did select to have my return send via a debit card but I NEVER received this debit card. At this point I have tracked the routing number to a bank in Texas, MVB Bank who I have never banked with as I’m in Pennsylvania. Any help? 

Did you by any chance choose the offer to have your refund come on a Credit Karma Money Spend Card?   I know that Card's services are provided by MVB Bank.

FAQ:  What is the Credit Karma Money Spend Account offer?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/intuit-account/help/what-is-the-credit-karma-money-spend-account-o...

At the Credit Karma website I found this:

"How does Credit Karma work with MVB Bank Inc for my Credit Karma Money Spend or Save accounts?

https://support.creditkarma.com/s/article/How-does-Credit-Karma-work-with-MVB-Bank-Inc-for-my-Credit...

That paragraph there at the Credit Karma site also has a Contact link for Credit Karma Support.   If that's your situation, then tell them you didn't receive your debit card.

@ Kashx  also wrote:  "I have still not received my tax return."

There are a lot of delays this year.   Do you know if the IRS has actually released and sent your refund?   Does this IRS "Where's My Refund" tool confirm it has been sent?

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

If your refund has been sent from the IRS, then it may be sitting in your Credit Karma Money Spend account if you chose that option, as described above.

However, there could even be another link in the chain if you also used the following service, which adds another layer of complexity:

How did you choose to pay your TurboTax fees?   Did you pay upfront, or did you choose to pay them out of your Federal refund?    If you chose to pay fees out of your Federal refund, then yet another intermediary bank is involved, through a company called SBTPG (Tax Products Group).   If you chose that option, then the funds go from the IRS to SBTPG's bank where the fees are subtracted.  Then SBTPG's bank would send the remainder of the funds to your Credit Karma Money Spend account at MVB Bank, if that's your situation.

If you chose that option to pay fees out of your Federal refund, we can tell you how to check on the refund at SBTPG's website using the SBTPG refund lookup tool.    There you can see if they have received it and sent it on to your account at MVB Bank.

Sperrigan1
Returning Member

I chose to pay my fees from return,just checked the TPG site,funded,fees paid, advance paid,and they posted it yesterday,so what would be the hold up??

Same thing here! I’ve been using TT for at least 10 years and every single year I’ve ALWAYS gotten my refund before the IRS says it’s been sent. Now, it says they received my money AND deducted their fees YESTERDAY! I’m done with TT as of this year! WHY were we basically forced to deal with Credit Karma? TT has gotten it’s last fees from me since they’re now holding people’s money!

Sperrigan1
Returning Member

Exactly,if everyone else has gotten there piec of the pie and TGP posted yesterday,then that should mean it's had at least a day to get to it's final destination and according to credit karma it's usually available in a few hours, another problem I have is,the IRS issued me the DDD and yeah I wasn't eligible for the 5 days early part,but if the IRS says BEFORE the 24th you would at least expect the 24th,if you ask me if I have a pending deposit at a bank isn't it there job to make funds available, instead of like that one guy said gona make us wait until the first,this sounds like it would be against the law to me,I'm sure the IRS has the authority,but bank tellers pretty much,sorry I'm not sold on that and if I have to I'll call and wait all day until I speak to the bank manager and how or why a bank can see a pending deposit and choose to claim not to is non sense,they get theirs quick fast and in a hurry??????I have a 12 year old daughter bto feed,bills to pay,and so on....I won't wait without going up the chain,this is non sense and tell me they are experiencing high volumes......uhhhh yeah I know you are because after people pay the fees,guess what we expect ours in a timely manner as well.....think of other a little bit, there's plenty and I'm including myself,We the people need it just as bad

RM81
Returning Member

Same thing happened to me with the same bank

@RM81 wrote:

Same thing happened to me with the same bank

I'm not sure which "same bank" you are referring to.   Two different scenarios are presented in this thread.

Did you read all the answers in this thread about MVB Bank's administration of the Credit Karma Money Spend account and Credit Karma Visa Debit Card?   Did you choose that as a refund method?

And/or there could be another step in the chain:

If you chose to pay any fees out of the Federal refund, the refund goes first from the IRS to a temporary account set up by SBTPG (aka Tax Products Group or TPG) where the fees are subtracted.   SBTPG's intermediary bank then sends the funds to one's final deposit destination.

Yes I see these **bleep** tricked me too with the Credit Karma scam. been waiting MONTHS for my refund. Anyone know how to get MY money OUT of the Credit Karma account???

LauraMyrtle
Returning Member

Good day.

I have been informed by my Taxation and Reverenue for the State of New Mexico that my rebate check was deposited into your bank in May 15,2022 but I don't have any communication from you informing me of available funds.

Please let me know what are the necessary steps to obtaining my funds.

Respectfully, 

Laura Myrtle 

@ LauraMyrtle wrote:

I have been informed by my Taxation and Reverenue for the State of New Mexico that my rebate check was deposited into your bank in May 15,2022 but I don't have any communication from you informing me of available funds.

Please let me know what are the necessary steps to obtaining my funds.

This is a public user community forum--not a direct route to TurboTax Support--so we won't have any knowledge of your situation here.  Also be aware this is a public Internet forum, so don't post any personal info here.
Did you choose this thread to ask your question because the thread title mentions "MVB Bank?"   Is that the bank you were told your state deposit went to?    If so, here's some info:

If your state funds were deposited into a MVB Bank account, then that would make me wonder if you chose to get your tax refunds into a new Credit Karma Money Spend Account and Credit Karma Visa Debit Card.  MVB Bank is the third-party bank that provides the banking services for such a Credit Karma Money Spend account.

Is this your situation?

FAQ:  Getting to know the Credit Karma Money Spend account

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/tax-refund/getting-know-credit-karma-mon...

If that's your situation, here's a link for Credit Karma support:

https://support.creditkarma.com/

Otherwise, you can phone TurboTax Support for assistance, and they may be able to figure out your situation in a real-time conversation.

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Returning Member

where is my refund

@829977 wrote:

where is my refund

Did you e-file your tax return and was it accepted?
Only the IRS and your State control when and if a Federal or State tax refund is Approved and Issued.

You complete your tax return by finishing all 3 Steps in the File section. In Step 3, to e-file your tax return, you must click on the large Orange button labeled "Transmit my returns now".

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.

Note - Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund.  Only the taxpayer listed on the tax return can obtain the status of a tax refund or a tax return.

To check the status of an e-filed return, open up your desktop product or log into your TurboTax Online Account. You can find your status within the TurboTax product.
If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status - https://www.irs.gov/refunds
If accepted by the state use this TurboTax support FAQ to check the state tax refund status - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.

The IRS is taking 6 months and longer to process tax returns.

Go to this IRS website for the status of filed tax returns - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

As of July 8, 2022, we had 11.2 million unprocessed individual tax year 2021 returns. Of these, 1.9 million returns require error correction or other special handling, and 9.3 million are paper returns waiting to be reviewed and processed. This work does not typically require us to correspond with taxpayers but does require special handling by an IRS employee so, in these instances, it is taking the IRS more than 21 days to issue any related refund and in some cases this work could take 90 to 120 days. If a correction is made to any Recovery Rebate Credit, Child Tax Credit, Earned Income Tax Credit or Additional Child Tax Credit claimed on the return, the IRS will send taxpayers an explanation. Taxpayers are encouraged to continue to check Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions.

How long you may have to wait: The IRS understands the importance of timely processing of tax returns and refund issuance. We have processed all error free returns received prior to December 2021 and continue to work the returns that need to be manually reviewed due to errors.  We are continuing to reroute tax returns and taxpayer correspondence from locations that are behind to locations where more staff is available, and we are taking other actions to minimize any delays. Tax returns are opened and processed in the order received. As the return is processed, whether it was filed electronically or on paper, it may be delayed because it has a mistake including errors concerning the Recovery Rebate Credit and the Child Tax Credit, is missing information, or there is suspected identity theft or fraud. If we can fix it without contacting you, we will. If we need more information or need you to verify that it was you who sent the tax return, we will write you a letter. The resolution of these issues could take 90 to 120 days depending on how quickly and accurately you respond, and the ability of IRS staff trained and working under social distancing requirements to complete the processing of your return.

What you should do: In most instances, no further action is needed but you may check Where’s My Refund? or you can view your account. If you filed electronically and received an acknowledgement, you do not need to take any further action other than promptly responding to any requests for information. If you filed on paper, check Where’s My Refund? If it tells you we have received your return or are processing or reviewing it, we are processing your return, but it may be under review. If you filed before October 2021 and Where’s My Refund? does not have any information, your return has been opened but work on it has not begun. We’re working hard to get through the carryover inventory. Please don’t file a second tax return or contact the IRS about the status of your return.

If you requested to have the TurboTax account fees deducted from your federal tax refund, the IRS will send the refund to a third party processor to have the fees and the service charge deducted. The third party processor will deduct the TurboTax fees plus the service charge and then attempt to direct deposit the remaining refund balance into the account that you entered on your tax return.

For the status of your tax refund you will need to contact the third party processor, Santa Barbara Tax Product Group, using their website - https://www.sbtpg.com/

Tax Products Group Contact Information - https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information
On this page you can also scroll down and click on Submit a request

Or https://taxpayer.sbtpg.com/

Call 1-877-908-7228

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies