Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

Tax Refund Card

If you agree to receive a Turbo Tax Greendot card the refund will deposit to the card. Funds cannot be transferred to another account. See this TurboTax support FAQ https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-the-refund-advance-temporary-card/01/27511

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Tax Refund Card

I got approved for the turbo card advance does that mean that the rest of my taxes will be in the same card when i get the rest of it or will it go on my bank account because all my other previous tax returns where by bank i dont get how this works its my first time doing it like this please explain how this works 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Tax Refund Card

You’ll receive your Refund Advance virtual card info within 1 hour of the IRS accepting your e-filed return, by email. The funds will be loaded on to the card within 48 hours. Any balance of your tax refund remaining will be sent to you after the IRS has accepted and processed your tax return, usually within 21 days. You’ll be able to start spending online with your card information after setting up your Turbo Card account.

Also, a physical Turbo Card will be mailed to you within 5 to 10 business days. The remainder of your refund (minus the Refund Advance amount and any TurboTax fees) will be loaded onto the card when the IRS or state tax authorities distribute your refund (typically within 21 days from IRS acceptance).

Please click the TurboTax Help link, listed below, to learn more.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-the-refund-advance-application-process/00/25557

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-refund-advance/00/27333

Tax Refund Card

same situation. Dont understand about Turbo card

Bdoc1776

Tax Refund Card

I got my card activated it got the confirmation that bother my federal and state were expected but still my balance on the card is zero

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Tax Refund Card

@Bdoc1776  Were you accepted for a Refund Advance?  If you just chose to put your refund on a Turbo Visa Debit Card, then the time frame for receiving your refund on the Turbo Visa Debit card is the same as the standard turnaround time for directly deposited returns. Per the IRS, most refunds are received within 21 days from the time a return has been accepted (received). For the most up-to-date information regarding the status of your tax return and a specific date of when to expect your refund, please visit the IRS Where's My Refund? site. 
Please see When will my refund be deposited to my Turbo® Visa® Debit Card? for more information.

Tax Refund Card

Thank you for your help understanding the Refund Card.

Tax Refund Card

I do have a question in the process of finalizing the return, there is a form at the end of the paper work to sign for my Turbo Visa Card whom do I mail that form to?

Turbo Tax or Green Dot and where do I send it to (address)?

Jeffn67
Returning Member

Tax Refund Card

I guess a lot of people have the same question I do people have already asked a question so which card is it that's what I want to know

Jeffn67
Returning Member

Tax Refund Card

Well I got the Intuit TurboTax card my taxes have said accepted now they say refund sent on the 12th and I still have no money on my Intuit TurboTax card so what the hell is up

Tax Refund Card

@Jeffn67 wrote:

Well I got the Intuit TurboTax card my taxes have said accepted now they say refund sent on the 12th and I still have no money on my Intuit TurboTax card so what the hell is up

" they say refund sent on the 12th"

Who are "they?"   Where did you get that date? Are you looking at the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool?? 

https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

If so, does it say there at the IRS website that the funds were sent on the 12th?  If the IRS has indeed sent the funds, the IRS says to allow up to 5 days due to variations in bank processing procedures and times.  But it usually doesn't take that long.

However, there may be another link in the chain that you can check in the meantime if you used the following service:

Did you have any TurboTax fees that you chose to pay out of the Federal refund?  If so, the funds go first from the IRS to a temporary account at an intermediary bank where the fees are subtracted.   Then that intermediary bank sends the rest of the funds on to your Card.   If you used that method to pay fees, and if the IRS has actually released the funds, we can tell you how to check on the funds at the level of the intermediary company (SBTPG) by phone or logging in at SBTPG's website.

Jeffn67
Returning Member

Tax Refund Card

Yes it moved from accepted to refund issued to bank on the 12th

Jeffn67
Returning Member

Tax Refund Card

No TurboTax fees did the free edition. And I do have the Intuit card that they sent me in the mail with the chip in it I've got the app from the app store and it still says 0 .00

Tax Refund Card

@Jeffn67 wrote:

No TurboTax fees did the free edition. And I do have the Intuit card that they sent me in the mail with the chip in it I've got the app from the app store and it still says 0 .00

If you don't see evidence of it tomorrow,  you could phone the Turbo Prepaid Card's customer service, and see if they see any evidence of it.   (888) 285-4169.

Niesha1
Returning Member

Tax Refund Card

You will get the advance as soon as the IRS approves return

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies