Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mblackey

My background screen is black and I can barely read the text. How can I change the background to white like previous years?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

36 Replies

My background screen is black and I can barely read the text. How can I change the background to white like previous years?

Are you using a IPhone or iPad?  Are other screens dark too?

If you are using an Apple iPhone or iPad with iOS 13 you might be in Dark Mode.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210332

MLW3-4

background is black how do I change?

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the instructions below to troubleshoot blank screens.

Troubleshoot blank screens, missing buttons, or ... - TurboTax

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
edsull

My background screen is black and I can barely read the text. How can i change this?  I am on a Dell Inspiron 13, 7000 Series.

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the information below on troubleshooting your screen issues:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/troubleshoot-blank-screens-missing-buttons-or...

bwarne
Returning Member

my computer, phone and table are in dark mode intentionally as I have extreme eyesight problems. 

however turbo tax is not in dark mode and I would like it to be so. 

i can't even read the screens at full zoom in with this tiny type and white backgrounds. 

please help!

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

@bwarne Unfortunately, there is not an option for dark mode in TurboTax. 

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

@wokanick Please take a look at some of the suggestions and responses throughout the thread - for example if you are on an iPhone or iPad, you will want to check to see if you are in dark mode and adjust accordingly.

droll90

droll90

It's not blank, it is black!

droll90

Nothing to say thanks about here--can anyone tell the responders about the difference between "blank" and "black"?

@droll90 wrote:

It's not blank, it is black!

Change your background screen color.

Black screen not Blank screen

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies