turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wooddawgs
Returning Member

How long does it take to get the refund advance

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies

You’ll receive your Refund Advance within 48 hours of the IRS accepting your e-filed return. This differs from 48 hours from when you e-filed your taxes through TurboTax or selected that you wanted Refund Advance. The IRS begins processing and accepting e-filed returns  on and after January 27.

wooddawgs
Returning Member

Said it been received 

How long did it take for you to get you refund after you efiled

@Keshiajane28 Read this

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-opens-2020-filing-season-for-individual-filers-on-jan-27

Please read this thoroughly and click on the relevant links:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-refund-advance/00/27333#sh-collapse1

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I completed my taxes yesterday.  I was approved for the refund advance loan. I recieved the email information with the temporary card info. Also, I set up my account online and still I have no funds. Any insight? It says 1 hour funds will be available.  

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Typically within 48 hours of the IRS accepting your return.

Once the IRS accepts your e-filed return and if you are eligible and approved for Refund Advance (a 0% APR loan with $0 loan fees) and the Turbo Visa Debit Card, you will first

get a notice in 1 hour, to set up the account. Once the account is set up the money then hits the account w/in 48 hrs.

Related Information:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ashc15010
Returning Member

Did you ever get your money?🤔

@ashc15010 You posted your question to a thread that is two years old.  Do you have questions about the refund advance?

Refund Advance eligibility

Here are some of the eligibility requirements to qualify for a Refund Advance loan:

• You’re 18 or older
  • You’re not a resident of North Carolina, Connecticut, or Illinois
  • You’re e-filing your federal tax return with TurboTax
  • Your physical address is listed on your tax return. Your address must be located in one of the eligible states and can’t be a PO box or prison address
  • You’re not filing one of these tax forms: 1310, 4852, 4684, 4868, 1040SS, 1040PR, 1040X, 8888, or 8862
  • You aren’t filing on behalf of a deceased taxpayer
  • You must report income on a Form W-2, 1099-R , Sched C, or Sched CEZ

The refund loan will not be available until later in January when you can e-file your 2021 return.   The money for the loan is not given to you until the IRS ACCEPTS your e-file.  The IRS will not begin to accept e-files until January 24.

You cannot apply for the refund loan.  It has to be offered to you, and you have to agree to the terms—-which have changed since last year——so read some information——and pay attention to the details in the fine print …  https://turbotax.intuit.com/refund-advance/

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Shyneckadr
Returning Member

OK so I filed yesterday did the refund advance for 3,000 my taxes that were filed went say in process to submitted today how long does it take to get the advance

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Typically you will receive the Refund Advance funds within 48 hours of the federal return being accepted by the IRS @Shyneckadr .

Im in California, filed on the 24th was approved that same day even for a refund advance, its been several days and i still havnt gotten anythn.

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

@gloriaj13 Has the IRS accepted your income tax return? TurboTax may have approved you for a Refund Advance but the process will not start until the IRS accepts your return.

TurboTax says: "If approved, your Refund Advance will be deposited into your Credit Karma Money TM Spend (checking) account, typically within 1 hour after the IRS acceptance of your e-filed federal return."

Offer details and disclosures for the Refund Advance program

The phone number for Refund Advance is 1-888-679-8122.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies