turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

fcrosby

E-File Rejected. My rejection code is IND-031-04. It indicates that I did not correctly answer the amount of AGI from my 2020 return. However, I visited my IRS Profile and the AGI answer I gave agrees 100% with the IRS number on file.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

E-File Rejected. My rejection code is IND-031-04. It indicates that I did not correctly answer the amount of AGI from my 2020 return. However, I visited my IRS Profile and the AGI answer I gave agrees 100% with the IRS number on file.

ENTER 0 FOR AGI. The IRS took a long time last year to process 2020 returns so the AGI didn't get entered in time.  Especially if you mailed it.  That works for most people. See,
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/rejections/help/what-if-i-entered-the-correct-agi-and-i-m-still-ge...

How to correct the AGI in the Online version
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/where-do-i-correct-my-agi-in-turbotax-online/00/26311

If you can’t get it to efile you will have to print and mail it.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online...

Be sure to attach copies of your W2s and any 1099s that have withholding on them.  You have to mail federal and state in separate envelopes because they go to different places.  Get a tracking number from the post office when you mail them for proof of filing.

fcrosby

Thanks for the suggested fix, but it did not work.  The IRS has my correct AGI in its records and it is available in a Transcript for me.  Using TurboTax I was unable to e-file using the correct AGI and the suggested workaround of $0 didn't work either.  So, I had to file by Mail.  Very frustrating since I had already paid TurboTax for the state e-file which was also rejected.  The same thing happened last year, when I did not ask for the fee to be refunded, so this year I will seek a refund from TurboTax.

@fcrosby If you used the CD/download and paid $25 for a state e-file, but were unable to e-file the state --- you can talk to customer support for a refund of the state e-file fee.   If you used online TurboTax, there is no extra fee to e-file.  The fee is the same whether you e-file or file by mail.

No one in the user forum can resolve a billing issue.  If you have a question about your TurboTax fees or billing, make sure you use the word “billing” in your request for help.  Do not use the word “refund.”

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I just resolved the same problem using the $0 for AGI, even though my AGI number matched the one in the IRS's transcript for 2020, but it took two tries.  After I entered 0 and resubmitted it came back with a rejection of the spouse's AGI.  If you are married filing jointly then you need to enter 0 for both people, not just the primary filer and that isn't obvious (at least in the CD/download version.)   Also make sure that your PIN numbers match the ones that were used last year if you e-filed.  The error is for either not matching their records (although the $0 fix is matching some secret record that we can't know about.)

Given the timing of your message there is a chance that you haven't actually mailed them yet.

Good luck!

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies