Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My refund says it was accepted but irs.gov isn't showing any record of it. Can someone help? It says my estimated date to have my refund was 2/12/18

what happen ? im having the same issue this year?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

My refund says it was accepted but irs.gov isn't showing any record of it. Can someone help? It says my estimated date to have my refund was 2/12/18

@Jaz3212 Please see the below TurboTax FAQ for information on why the IRS Where's My Refund site? cannot provide information on your return status:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/why-is-there-no-record-of-my-return-at-where-s-...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
kmgray

@thebuffy21 what ever came of this? Did the money show up and the site was just wrong? Did you have to re-file?

My taxes was accepted Jan 28. I checked the WMR site and it has no info available. I got a identity verification in the mail. I submitted it online today. Will update soon.

I'm receiving the same message. I don't know what to expect

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

You can begin to track your refund on the IRS website 24hrs after your return has been accepted.

The IRS expects to issue most refunds in less than 21 days after being accepted. Turbotax gives an estimated date based on the IRS's 21 day timeframe. So it all depends on the IRS and how fast your tax return moves along in the system. TurboTax does not receive any updates from the IRS.

To check your refund status on the Where's My Refund? site, you will need your social security number, filing status, and refund amount in order to track your refund. Be sure to enter only the Federal Refund amount and not the total amount that includes the State refund. The amount to enter is on your Federal form 1040, line 21a.

If you paid any fees out of your Federal refund, use the refund figure prior to the deduction of the fees. If you filed joint, make sure to enter the filers name that appears first on the return.

See the link below for additional information.

Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund (WMR)?

When will I get my IRS tax refund?

Note: Even though you can submit your tax return now, if your return contains either of these credits, EIC or Additional Child Tax Credit, the IRS usually begins issuing tax refunds on returns in late February. 

Some 2019 federal refunds are delayed due to the PATH Act

Thank you so much! This solved the issue I was having. I was having a mini heart attack.

is everything okay now ?

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

Instead of checking your return via the WMR link, try and  contact the IRS via phone, you can speak with a live representative, please see the link below:

How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)?

Also, this is normal. Everyone's return is processed differently based on their situation. Just keep checking back, you should receive a date soon. Also, more information has been provided below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/why-do-some-refunds-take-longer-than-others/00/26163

My refund says it has been accepted. I completed my return on 2/11. I was supposed to receive my returns on march 3rd but I only received my federal and no state return. I tried to call the IRS but they are not even there because of the corona virus.. dont know what to do. I want my refund

You said you got your federal refund so you don't need to call the IRS.  You need to check with your state.

Check for a state refund  https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/how-do-i-track-my-state-refund/00/25571

Make sure you are using the refund amount from your actual state tax return and not the combined amount Turbo Tax showed you at the end.  That was for federal and state combined.

Contact your state

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/help/how-do-i-contact-my-state-department-of-revenue/0...

Was your state return Accepted?  Double check your efile status here

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup  

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  what does it say?

LUPE1565
Returning Member

I filed my brothers on 04/05/2020 recieved Turbo email that both Fed&State were accepted ..week later IRS WMR still has no record and states to wait 24hrs after comfirmation ?????? Total bull!!!

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

If the return was accepted less than 21 days ago, hang in there. It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to go from acceptance to approval. Continue to track your status using the Where's My Refund? tool at the IRS website which updates daily. For more info please click the link below.

When will I get my IRS tax refund? - Community

Hi chondel,

when I check where my refund is. I am told that it is issued. It says it’s been issues for the last 3 weeks+ and I have not received it. It says issued, it’s been more than 21 days since it said issued and I still don’t have it. 

Can I somehow have it reissued to me?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies