turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax timeline is saying I didn't file with turbo tax last year but I did?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
ErinH
Intuit Alumni

It is possible that you have more than one account, and have logged into the wrong one. Many users accidentally create multiple UserID's that are associated with the same email. To check if you have more than one User ID, go to the Account Recovery page, enter your email, and we'll provide you a list of logins tied to that email address. If you have more than 1 email address, you should run the tool on each one. 

NOTE: If you are logged into a TurboTax account, sign out first (including this forum), then close the browser and reopen it.  Then go the account recovery tool via the link above.

If you don't find it with that method, then run the tool again, but this time use the small blue link that says "I don't know my email address or User ID", and it will look up at your accounts by your SSN and other parameters.

If you are still unable to locate your account, please  contact Customer Support. Contact Customer Support

irmarg

A cop once told me that, "Possession is 9/10ths of the law."  You get caught holding, you're going to jail.  In this case, do you have your TURBO TAX hardcopy from last year?  If you are "holding" those in your hand right now, then you did your taxes on TURBO TAX, regardless of someone is saying.  If TT can't find you in their system, then open a new account.  Forgive them, they are made mostly of electrons.... move on, the Ides of April approach!  Now if the IRS can't find you in their system, because you haven't paid taxes in a while.... that's a different ball of wax.

Block209

I filed my taxes last year and I want to know my agi was

How to access prior online returns

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-access-my-prior-year-return/01/270...

You have to log in to the same account.   You need to start entering some basic Personal Info in 2021 for the side menu to open up. Just continue a little ways into 2021.

If you used the Desktop CD/Download program then the only copy is on your computer and not saved or stored online.

You can also request a transcript from the IRS

Get Transcript | Internal Revenue Service

@Block209 wrote:

I filed my taxes last year and I want to know my agi was

The 2020 AGI is on the 2020 federal tax return that was filed, Form 1040 Line 11

To access your prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the section Your tax returns & documents.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

Or go to this IRS website for free federal tax return transcripts - https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

For a fee of $43 you can get a complete federal tax return from the IRS by completing Form 4506 - http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies