In the past I have been able to have TurboTax go o...

cherylemac

In the past I have been able to have TurboTax go out to Edward Jones and retrieve the investment data needed for my 1040 form. How do I do that?

Which TurboTax edition supports the importing of tax data directly into my 1040 form?
TerukoL

You must be a current Edward Jones client who is enrolled in Online Access to import into tax preparation software. If you are not enrolled, you may enroll at www.edwardjones.com/access.

It is important to set closed accounts to be viewable so they are also available for import into the tax preparation software. For instructions, visit View, Print and Download Your Tax Forms.

Please click https://www.edwardjones.com/client-resources/tax-resources/access-tax-forms/import-turbo-tax-and-oth... to learn more. 

abcde12345

I have a similar problem. TurboTax won’t import my Edward Jones 1099 info. I am on the downloaded version of TurboTax. I have online account access enabled. Been on hold and talked with multiple people at Edward Jones. I even changed my password to remove the special characters. Nothing is working. Too long to enter manually. 

fbcollins

I am having the same problem. I have contacted Edward Jones and there is nothing in their coding which is preventing access to the documents. I have even changed my EJ online access password to remove special characters, but I still continue to receive the error. There appears to be some error in Intuit's servers.

MichelleLO
Employee TurboTax Specialist

You are commenting on a thread from last year. What error are you getting when trying to import from Edward Jones?

@fbcollins

fbcollins

This error has been resolved.

Please note that if two-step authentication is enabled in your Edward Jones online access, then TurboxTax is unable to import tax documents (in other words be sure it is disabled in your EJ account before connecting -- afterwards you can re-enable it if desired). I really wished I had discovered this information in either the help file for TurboTax, or the online community before having to call live support for the resolution.