turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

In the past I have been able to have TurboTax go out to Edward Jones and retrieve the investment data needed for my 1040 form. How do I do that?

Which TurboTax edition supports the importing of tax data directly into my 1040 form?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

79 Replies
TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

In the past I have been able to have TurboTax go out to Edward Jones and retrieve the investment data needed for my 1040 form. How do I do that?

You must be a current Edward Jones client who is enrolled in Online Access to import into tax preparation software. If you are not enrolled, you may enroll at www.edwardjones.com/access.

It is important to set closed accounts to be viewable so they are also available for import into the tax preparation software. For instructions, visit View, Print and Download Your Tax Forms.

Please click https://www.edwardjones.com/client-resources/tax-resources/access-tax-forms/import-turbo-tax-and-oth... to learn more. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have a similar problem. TurboTax won’t import my Edward Jones 1099 info. I am on the downloaded version of TurboTax. I have online account access enabled. Been on hold and talked with multiple people at Edward Jones. I even changed my password to remove the special characters. Nothing is working. Too long to enter manually. 

I am having the same problem. I have contacted Edward Jones and there is nothing in their coding which is preventing access to the documents. I have even changed my EJ online access password to remove special characters, but I still continue to receive the error. There appears to be some error in Intuit's servers.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

You are commenting on a thread from last year. What error are you getting when trying to import from Edward Jones?

@fbcollins

This error has been resolved.

Please note that if two-step authentication is enabled in your Edward Jones online access, then TurboxTax is unable to import tax documents (in other words be sure it is disabled in your EJ account before connecting -- afterwards you can re-enable it if desired). I really wished I had discovered this information in either the help file for TurboTax, or the online community before having to call live support for the resolution.

On top of everything else that everyone has posted here, there is one more thing you might need to fix. If you have too many characters in your Edward Jones password, Turbo Tax will not be be able to connect to Edward Jones. I use 25 a character password for Edward Jones  that contains no special characters. As soon as I changed it to a shorter password (11 characters), it went right through.

I fought this problem for over 4 hours. I had support from both Intuit and Edward Jone on a conference call with me. I even tried HR Block's software. Nothing worked until I shortened my Edward Jones password, then both Turbo Tax and HR Block worked fine.

I've imported from EJ for like 8 years without problems. It's really the only reason I buy turbotax. This year 2022, It will not import. It keeps saying the system did not recognize the UserID or password you entered. Please try again. I made my password easier. I tried 2 different EJ accounts (moms and mine)  and neither worked. I see no way to turn off 2factor auth in the EJ settings. But, it also seems like TT errors out so fast, that it's not even trying. Like they have a bad gateway or certificate.

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to Edward Jones for assistance with turning off two-factor authentication.  If this does not resolve the issue, please reply to this thread or reach out to us via phone:  How do I contact TurboTax? - Intuit

@cbslc 

Me too. There's no two-factor authentication on Edward Jones' site to disable.

I've made my password a simple one (9 characters), and I'm getting the same error as above. Any help?

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

This FAQ will provide you with the steps to contact an agent. 
Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific time daily.

@siege990

Cannot import Edward Jones info into Turbotax 2022, have spent several hours on phone with Edward Jones and Turbotax. The problem is not with Edward Jones, and Turbotax can't figure out why the info won't import! Have changed my password several times. I have used Turbotax for over 10 years and never had this problem before.

Tried again today, still no dice. I'll contact TT support, but I have very little faith they'll be able to do anything given your experience.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

They will be able to better assist, as they can view the screen if needed. 

Nope. I was on the phone last night for 1.5 hrs with two different TurboTax reps. I have a case # and everything. They couldn't solve it (and yes, they were looking all over my screen).

I suggest someone over at TT try it with their own Edward Jones account info. It just doesn't work at present. The last lady I talked to last night said she was the first person she'd heard of who had the problem. I'm guessing since the 1099s were just released on February 5th, I'm definitely early. There's plenty of time for TT to troubleshoot this and get it working.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies