Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I add my Direct Deposit?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

112 Replies
TrudyG

If you have not yet e-filed or mailed your tax return, you can go to the “File” section and enter/update your bank information.

Refund options for Federal

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3370270

Refund options for State

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301663

Roosterrebel44
Returning Member

Need help setting up my direct deposit 

@Roosterrebel44  

Did you try reading the links provided in the thread you posted your question to?  Return to your post, scroll up, and read.  In order to set up direct deposit for your refund in the FILE section you will need your bank's routing number and your account number.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

In the FILE tab step 2 the option to have a DD will be offered... where are you having trouble in that step? 

Roosterrebel44
Returning Member

I just dont see where to do that at

@Roosterrebel44  If you have already filed your 2018 tax return you cannot change the method of receiving the tax refund.

If you have not filed the tax return and are using the TurboTax online editions then see this TurboTax support FAQ for direct deposit information - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/entering-importing/help/where-do-i-enter-my-bank-s-routing-or-acco...

Click on the File tab on the left side of the TurboTax 2018 online program screen.

Rogersm
Returning Member

Do I already have tax direct deposit?

DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

This will help you determine the method you will be receiving your refund.   These steps can not be performed on the TurboTax Mobile App, you will need to sign into your account at https://turbotax.intuit.com/ using the same login credentials you used on the app.

1. Open your return if it's not already open.
  2. On the Tax Home screen with the amount of your refund and status, scroll down and select Add a State (don't worry, we're not adding a state) to access your tax forms and worksheets.
  3. In the left menu, select Tax Tools then Print Center.
  4. On the TurboTax Print Center screen, select Print, save or preview this year's return.
  5. On the next TurboTax Print Center screen, select 2019 federal returns and Include Government and TurboTax Worksheets (optional), then select View or Print Forms.
  6. The information will be on the first page, Electronic Filing Instructions for your 2019 Federal Tax Return next to Balance Due/Refund."
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Tashia

I’m not sure If I put the right direct deposit numbers how do I check 

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@Tashia  If you haven't yet e-filed your return, follow these instructions to revisit your refund method and check the routing and account number you entered.

If you've already filed your return, refer to the following TurboTax FAQ for instructions on downloading/printing your tax return:  How do I get a copy of a return I filed this year ...  You will find your routing and account number listed on line 21b & d of your 1040 Form.

If your bank rejects the deposit, and your refund is sent back to the IRS, the government will mail you a paper check.  Refer to the following FAQ for additional information:  What if I entered the wrong bank account for direc ...

Lilty112
Returning Member

To my tax tubo account

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

As long as you haven't already e-filed, you can select direct deposit for your refund. You can use the link provided below to walk you through how to add your direct deposit information in TurboTax:

How can I change my transferred direct deposit information

raymi1977

I wont be receiving any return money for 2019 tax year, however i need to file for direct deposit for the stimulus check that will be sent. I don't knowhow to enter my direct deposit information since Idon't get a refund this year.

Please help!

I have a few people that are in my same situation that needs help.

Thanks, 

A

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@raymi1977 You cannot include your bank information unless you are due a refund.

Since the CARES Act has not been signed into law, there are some questions that can't be answered definitively at this time. Please check for updates here:

Your trusted resource for tax information updates during COVID-19 

You may also check the IRS website for updates here:  IRS has set up a special coronavirus landing page 

Please see the links below, for more information:

Is the Tax Deadline Delayed? What to Know About Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Your Taxes

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies