turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How long will it take for turbo tax to send my refund to my bank after deducting their fees.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How long will it take for turbo tax to send my refund to my bank after deducting their fees.

It generally takes Santa Barbara Tax Products Group (SBTPG), who administers the "refund processing service" for Intuit, 1 to 2 business days to process & forward refunds after it receives them from the IRS.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

It generally takes Santa Barbara Tax Products Group (SBTPG), who administers the "refund processing service" for Intuit, 1 to 2 business days to process & forward refunds after it receives them from the IRS.

Thanks the email said something about TPG processing it

Thanks for the reply. Please note that the IRS still has to issue the refund before SBTPG can process it.

Sbtpg says my money was sent today. When til I get it on my NetSpend card?

@gabrielcastillo2 Only NetSpend can answer that question. If you still don't have it and NetSpend says they never got it, contact SBTPG again at 1-877-908-7228 or <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.sbtpg.com;">www.sbtpg.com;</a> if there was an issue with your card's direct deposit numbers the money went back to SBTPG.

Also, TurboTax is using a different vendor this year for its prepaid card program. If TurboTax used your NetSpend direct deposit info again this year, the money should still have gone to your NetSpend card, which you can continue to use. However, if you asked TurboTax to deposit the money onto its prepaid card, you should have received a new prepaid card from the new vendor and the money went to that card.

I should add this text from SBTPG's official FAQ at <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084467-How-long-does-it-take-to-get-my-refund">https://h... (bracketed "SB" added for clarity): "Usually 1 to 2 days before a refund is scheduled to arrive, the IRS sends a pre-notification of the refund amount to [SB]TPG.  The IRS does not deposit the money at this time, but it is only a notification that the refund is on its way. We set up the disbursement upon receiving that pre-notification so that the money reaches the taxpayer on the same day it would have if the money was deposited directly from the the IRS into the taxpayer’s bank account."

That said, there have been reports over the years of SBTPG delaying deposits by 1-2 business days even when depositing to banks that wait till the official deposit date to credit your account; that was the basis for my answer. Some banks, and numerous prepaid cards (including the Turbo Prepaid Card), credit accounts with direct deposits as soon as they receive pre-notification. In those cases, the SBTPG process probably will delay the refund by at least 1-2 business days as the pre-notification goes to SBTPG first; your bank can't credit your account till SBTPG sends it a pre-notification for the balance of your refund.
ArLaw

Is it the same for state? I had my state tax refund sent out on 2/19/2021. I've been waiting for 5 days now and still nothing in my bank account. Should I wait more? Does SBTPG recieve state too so they can take their fees before sending the remaining to my bank or what?

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

The state refund will come direct from the state to your bank account. The fees are only deducted from the federal return. 

If you have not received the state refund you will need to contact your state tax department or your bank to see if they have record of the deposit. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

My refund was sent but I haven’t received it yet. I owe you turbo tax fees. When will i receive my refund 

@Taylorlewi wrote:

My refund was sent but I haven’t received it yet. I owe you turbo tax fees. When will i receive my refund 

TurboTax does not receive any kind of tax refund, federal or state.

If you requested to have the TurboTax account fees deducted from your federal tax refund, the IRS will send the refund to a third party processor to have the fees and the service charge deducted. The third party processor will deduct the TurboTax fees plus the service charge and then attempt to direct deposit the remaining refund balance into the account that you entered on your tax return.

For the status of your tax refund you will need to contact the third party processor, Santa Barbara Tax Product Group, using their website - https://www.sbtpg.com/

Tax Products Group Contact Information - https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information

Refund sent back to irs 

@angelgrady75 If your refund was sent back to the IRS because you had some sort of confusion over the banking information you used, then you will have to wait for the IRS to issue and mail you a check.   Watch your mailbox and open all mail even if you think it looks like junk mail.   Your check will come via first class mail without any sort of tracking.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies