I feel VERY ripped off.

I feel VERY ripped off.

I did the free edition of turbotax with 1 W-2 form this year, thought i was getting free + $40 for direct deposit. Somehow something has changed and i got mistakenly upgraded to deluxe. After spending multiple hours talking to someone and their supervisor, everyone is telling me there is nothing that can be done at this moment, clarifying that nothing can be done in the future either. I am now waiting on a phone call from someone who CAN MAYBE rectify the situation. I highly doubt i will receive a phone call at this point.

I knew i would not have benefited from deluxe edition, as i only had a simple W-2 form to file this year. I am paying 80 dollars more than i should have, have an option that i did not ever pick, clicking no thanks to deluxe 10 times, deleted out my last year employers and such before filing, and somehow still wound up paying for something that i did not choose.

I am now considering going to my local news station about this and if i have to actually take turbotax to small claims court simply because they can't adjust the amount they are taking from my taxes (which they surely can but are actively trying to avoid).

I even had to apologize to the poor supervisor for wasting their time, who could clearly put themselves in my shoes and was very understanding, but they probably were not allowed to do anything about it.

Imagine buying something for 40 dollars and finding out you got charged 120 dollars and there's nothing you can do. Turbotax is actively ripping me off and i certainly won't be using them again next year. ANY other company could easily rectify this, including intuit, but they are apparently feeling above the law.

Not only did i get PESTERED with upgrading to deluxe every other page and clicking no, i got forced into paying for it anyways.

I feel VERY ripped off.

The same thing happened to me, only they managed to upgrade me to Premier for $70.  I, too, followed the prompts very carefully each time the window came up to upgrade and said "No thanks".  I wanted free file - we have a couple of W-2's, there was some investment stuff I had to enter but it was nothing that I needed help with, very simple stuff.  I tried to do an online chat to resolve this because I don't have time to be on hold forever and $70 isn't enough to chat with an agent.  If you want to chat, you have to upgrade even further.  I already got scammed for $70, I'm not paying another dime just to chat with an agent.  I'll just eat it, but I do plan to put it on blast on Twitter, and going forward, I'll go to H&R Block.  I think it's worth mentioning that I did my son's taxes the other day (he's 17, it was a summer job) and I filed his free with absolutely no issues.  I did ours the exact same way and for some reason his was free and they shoved Premier down my throat.

I feel VERY ripped off.

After 10 hours on the phone (me calling them) over multiple days with no callbacks from someone who can do something, they finally resolved the issue by sending me a check in the mail coming in 4-6 weeks.

I feel VERY ripped off.

Good deal Mate! Glad to hear all worked out in the end.

I feel VERY ripped off.

FYI ... future reference ... if you qualify you should always use one of the IRS FREE FILE options that can be accessed ONLY thru the IRS site ... this year if your AGI was $69K or less then there was a free option for you to use ... 

https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free