Intuit
,Created with Sketch.3939 helpful votes

How do I remove Pay With My Refund fees in TurboTax Online and change my payment method?

Keep in mind

• Once your e-filed return is in pending or accepted status, it's too late to remove Pay With My Refund.
  • If you switch from e-filing to paper-filing (for example, your return keeps getting rejected), then any Pay With My Refund fee is automatically removed.

Here's how to remove refund processing fees and change your payment method before you e-file:

1. Sign in to your account and open your return by selecting Take me to my return.
  2. Select File in the left-hand menu and proceed to the Just one more step screen.
  3. On this screen, select the first Revisit link (next to You've chosen to deduct your TurboTax fees from your federal refund).
  4. Select View Payment Options on the next screen, and then select Pay with credit card on the screen after that.
  5. Complete payment by entering your credit or debit card information.
  6. Continue to the Just one more step screen to make sure the Pay With My Refund has been removed. Step 1 should now show that you paid with your credit or debit card.

To remove refund processing fees and change your payment method before you e-file:

1. Sign in and open your return, if you're not already signed in.
  2. Select the menu icon in the top left corner.
  3. Select File.
  4. Select You've chosen to deduct your TurboTax fees from your federal refund.
  5. Scroll down and select View payment options.
  6. Choose a payment option other than paying with your federal refund.

Related Information:

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Ready to Try TurboTax?

Returning? Sign in