English EN

Pick a language

Canada English Canada Français
TurboTax Help
Intuit

How do I remove Pay With My Refund fees in TurboTax Online and change my payment method?

If you have selected the “Pay with Refund” option to pay your Turbotax Fees, there’s a processing fee charged by the third party bank that handles the transaction. Here's how to change your payment method and remove refund processing fees before you e-file. Note: Once your e-filed return is in pending or accepted status, it's too late to remove Pay With My Refund.

To change your payment method, select your situation:

1. Sign in to your account and open or continue your return.
  2. Select File in the left menu and proceed to the Just...more step screen.
  3. On this screen, select the first Revisit link (next to You've chosen to deduct your TurboTax fees from your federal refund).
  4. Select View Payment Options on the next screen and select Pay with credit card on the screen after that.
  5. Complete payment by entering your credit or debit card information.
  6. Continue to the Just...more step screen to make sure the Pay With My Refund has been removed. Step 1 should now show that you paid with your credit or debit card.
  1. Sign in and open your return, if you aren't already signed in.
  2. Select the menu icon in the top left corner.
  3. Select File.
  4. Select You've chosen to deduct your TurboTax fees from your federal refund.
  5. Scroll down and select View payment options.
  6. Choose a payment option other than paying with your federal refund.

Keep in mind

• If you switch from e-filing to paper-filing (for example, your return keeps getting rejected), then any Pay With My Refund fee is automatically removed.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post