How do I remove Pay With My Refund fees in TurboTa... - Community

EnglishEN

Pick a language

English Français
Get the latest stimulus news and tax filing updates.
Intuit

How do I remove Pay With My Refund fees in TurboTax Online and change my payment method?

Select your situation.

Here's how to remove refund processing fees and change your payment method before you e-file:

1. Sign in to your account and open or continue your return.
  2. Select File in the left menu and proceed to the Just...more step screen.
  3. On this screen, select the first Revisit link (next to You've chosen to deduct your TurboTax fees from your federal refund).
  4. Select View Payment Options on the next screen and select Pay with credit card on the screen after that.
  5. Complete payment by entering your credit or debit card information.
  6. Continue to the Just...more step screen to make sure the Pay With My Refund has been removed. Step 1 should now show that you paid with your credit or debit card.

To remove refund processing fees and change your payment method before you e-file:

1. Sign in and open your return, if you aren't already signed in.
  2. Select the menu icon in the top left corner.
  3. Select File.
  4. Select You've chosen to deduct your TurboTax fees from your federal refund.
  5. Scroll down and select View payment options.
  6. Choose a payment option other than paying with your federal refund.

Keep in mind

• Once your e-filed return is in pending or accepted status, it's too late to remove Pay With My Refund.
  • If you switch from e-filing to paper-filing (for example, your return keeps getting rejected), then any Pay With My Refund fee is automatically removed.

Related Information:

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post