Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I can not e-file my return, says wait 24 for hours to update. I did but still can not file it.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

17 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

I can not e-file my return, says wait 24 for hours to update. I did but still can not file it.

There may be forms that are required for your tax return that aren't available yet. If that is the case, the program will not let you e-file. You can check the status of form availability in the below TurboTax FAQs:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have Zero income and no deductions,nothing. I choose the mail in option and downloaded the tax return but I still like to e-file it.

So, should I wait for sometime and try to e-file it ?

Thank you in advance.

Ali Sencelebi

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

You may want to try to completely log out of TurboTax and then clear out your browser's cache and delete the cookies stored on your computer. A full or corrupted cache can keep TurboTax from functioning properly. 

Please see the following TurboTax FAQs to assist with this:

If you continue to have issues please see the link below to contact one of our TurboTax representatives so that they can help you troubleshoot: 

What is the TurboTax phone number?

I did what you said. But this time it says that I printed my tax returns. Is there anyway that I can go back and e-file it instead of mailing it? 

Thank you in advance.

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

If there are no forms you are waiting for, you can follow the instructions below to change from mail to e-file:

How do I change from mail to e-file in TurboTax Online?

Please see the TurboTax FAQ's below for Form availability information, if needed:

Thank you for trying to help me but It still didn't work. I get below message all the time when I try to e-file. As I said on my previous replies, I have zero income,zero expenses,zero deductions.

Thank you in advance.

Ali sencelebi

Your transmission didn't go through
We could not e-file your return for the following reason:
The Intuit Electronic Filing System is having difficulty recognizing the data in the return you are sending. To ensure you have the latest version of TurboTax, wait 24 hours to update your program automatically. If you still can't transmit your return, go to www.support.turbotax.com for a solution or workaround. In some cases, you may need to file your return by mail. - 601ERRV:5, CustHdr_17 - ?:? - Invalid SMS Number. Must be between 10 and 10 digits.
SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

This Turbo Tax FAQ will provide information on the SMS error.

Error 601

I did what you said. It didn't work again. I wanted to clear and start over with my taxes but it won't allow me to do it since I registered and printed them out.

Can you please clear my tax file so I can start fresh tax return? 

Thank you in advance.

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Please delete your cookies and clear your cache then try again. If the issue continues, please click the link below for assistance.

What is the TurboTax phone number?

I did What you've said before and didn't work.

Are you guys able to clear my tax return so I can start over ?

Thank you in advance.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

First make sure you haven't submitted payment, deducted the TurboTax fee from your refund, or registered before you can erase your return and start from scratch in TurboTax Online.

How do I clear and start over in TurboTax Online?

Many different experts answering my questions. I have zero income,zero deduction,no payments,no fees,no refund.

I can't  e-file, since I downloaded my return and  I can not clear it to start over. 

Are you guys able to clear the form for me so I can start over and e-file it?

I ve been trying to get an answer since last week but seems no one knows the answer and replying to me over and over with different suggestions.

All I want to know is can you clear  the form for me so I can start over for my taxes and can e-file.

Thank you in advance.

Ali Sencelebi

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Since you are unable to clear and start over, it would be best for you to call in and speak with a customer service agent to assist you in this. 

Please click here to speak with an agent. 

Thank you for the answer,I can not make a phone call since I am in South Asia for now and will not be returning to states for another 7-8 months. I need someone to clear my tax returns so I can start over and e-fle it. I already downloaded them and can not clear it by myself. system won't allow me to that.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies