If you printed your taxes to mail them in and went all the way through the File section, when you sign in to TurboTax Online, the Way to go! You filed your 2018 taxes you won't see a way to change to e-filing. As long as you haven't already mailed your 2018 paper return, you can switch to the e-filing method (through October 15, 2019). However, some states now require e-filing, which means the federal and state must be e-filed together.
If you already mailed your return, don't e-file. This can cause problems with the government, including refund delays.
- In TurboTax Online, sign into your account.
- Select Tax Home in the left menu.
- Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents.
- Select 2018, and then select Add a State (you're not actually adding a state, this just gets you into the right menu).
- Select File in the left-hand menu (expand your browser window if you don't see this, or go to the hamburger menu in the top left corner).
- On the Just one more step screen, follow steps 1 and 2 if you haven't already.
- Select the Start button to the right of Step 3.
- On the Let's get ready to e-file screen, select I want to e-file.
- Follow the instructions to e-file your return.
- What is the difference between the five-digit Self-Select PIN I created last year and my Self-Select PIN this year?
- Message: If you want to file by mail, you must go back and choose a different method to pay your taxes
- What if I entered the correct AGI and Im still getting an e-file reject?
- How do I print and mail my return in TurboTax Online?
- Is my Self-Select PIN the same as my IP PIN?