Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Filed 1/27/2020 tax code 570 no update

No humans available due to COVID 19

MarioP66

Still waiting... Been since February. I tried calling before lockdown and even tax advocate with no luck

jrg051481
Returning Member

So I filed end of January, Federal Return accepted January 31st. 

21 Days passed on February 21st which was a Friday (where's my refund tool switched to we are still processing....I've read all over the still means something is up). I got the mail February 24th and saw a letter asking to verify identity. I immediately went in the house, hopped on the computer and verified right away. 

So from a couple days after that, February 26th or so, until now (still) I've had "we are processing your return" without the word still in it. 

Tax Transcripts show 570 code, but nothing else regarding an issue or a letter or anything. This whole time since Identity Verification that's all that has shown. My wage transcripts are not showing yet and haven't been this whole time while the other 3 transcripts are in there. 

I haven't called anyone at the IRS or Tax Advocate because during the Pandemic, it's just wasting my time. So I'm trying to be patient. The as of date keeps getting pushed back if that means anything. Was last pushed back to May 18th which is in 3 days. I expect next Thursday or Friday (I'm a weekly) to see it pushed back another couple weeks. 

I THINK it's just simply due to the virus, stimulus checks, short staffed, etc. That it just hasn't gotten back around to being finished processing. My taxes are simple. I don't own anything. It's basically just wages. 

I just wanted to post this in case others are in the exact same boat. It made me feel better to see I'm not the only one in very similar situation. 

I don’t have a code 570, but my taxes were accepted on 1/30/2020, and as of today, 5/15/2020, I have NOT received my refund. It’s been 3-1/2 months. This is beyond ridiculous and there’s not much to do. People need their refunds especially with all the hardships.   Turbo Tax continues to provide the same response, they cut and paste it.  If anyone has had any success in speaking with anyone, please advise. 

Ajaxk81

Any updates I got the same thing no notice in mail dates still says april 27 and it's now june 9th

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

Unfortunately, all of these delays are related to the lack of staffing and department closures at the IRS.  It is not yet know when normal operations will resume. 

@Ajaxk81

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Apauley5

Filed 2/7 received ltr 4464c 3/11. Waited the 60 days to contact. Couldn’t get ahold of anyone.  Reached out to my state rep, they contacted TAS and turns out one of my employers never sent my w2. Out of 30 employees mine wasn’t sent???? Seems unlikely.  So had my employer send a formal letter to the state rep who sent to tas. Transcript now says “as of 6/29/2020”. So I’m assuming that will be when they relook at my return.   And by the way when i was I. Contact with TAS, they did not give me any of the information they gave to the state rep.  So if you are having a similar issue as I, contact someone in a federal position of power. 

will update again soon 

Mizzgrant

Do you have that number you contacted? I can’t get ahold to any one *sighs*

Only the IRS and your State control when and if a Federal or State tax refund is Approved and Issued.

Note - Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund.  Only the taxpayer listed on the tax return can obtain the status of a tax refund or a tax return.

If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status - https://www.irs.gov/refunds
If accepted by the state use this TurboTax support FAQ to check the state tax refund status - 
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - 
https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions
If over 21 days since being Accepted by the IRS and the tax refund is still Processing you can call the IRS and speak with an IRS agent concerning your tax refund.
Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

Does anyone know if it really takes the extra 60 days for code570?

Apauley5

Not to be a downer but last year. I waited over 6 months for my return.  I tried calling every day to the irs to be told nothing helpful.  I contacted my state rep.( (Pa) dan mueser).  Someone from his office got ahold of the irs.  They gave him the reason for my hold up.  Found out that my employer never sent my w-2.  Check your transcript.  If w-2 is missing that’s a start.  But definitely get ahold of some type of government figure.  

Did you receive any update? 

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Code 570 is an Additional Liability Pending and/or Credit Hold which freezes the account--for refunds, as well as refund offsets.

For more information create or login to your account at the IRS: View Your Tax Account.

For more support, contact a local IRS taxpayer advocate.

To check if there is any refund offset involved, you will need to contact them here: Treasury Offset Program & Debt Management Services.

For more information, see: 

When will I get my IRS tax refund?

Why do some refunds take longer than others?

This is my first year with Turbo Tax/ Credit Karma and has been a complete nightmare. I have filed with Jackson Hewitt every year besides this one and never had the issues I have now. Charged $249 for taxes can’t get any information regarding my taxes kinda messed up. There is no letter in my account portal in the irs account filed 1/27/22 and nothing. Paying all this money and how does turbo tax have my back?

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

In order to discuss a refund, you would need to contact us by phone. Please follow the instructions here to contact us by phone.  @Veronicabush86

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies