Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rikkcrill

The IRS site says my refund was sent to my bank but I talked to them they don't see it yet. How can I verify the direct deposit information I gave you?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AustinTS

The IRS site says my refund was sent to my bank but I talked to them they don't see it yet. How can I verify the direct deposit information I gave you?

Did you elect to pay your TurboTax Fee's out of your Federal Return? Once you transmit your return & the IRS receives it, the IRS is the one that handles your refund.  If you had your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund then the IRS sends your refund to the bank that handles the transaction Santa Barbara Tax Products Group (not TurboTax) . The bank deducts your fees from your refund then deposits the remaining amount in your bank, there could be a day delay for the process.  If your bank rejected the deposit from SBTPG bank then SBTPG will hold the refund until they verify your identity and mailing address. They are supposed to notify you by e-mail but you may need to contact them, in case the email was lost, put in a spam filter, or never sent.  You may contact SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com if you need more information.

If you want to double check your Direct Deposit information please follow these steps:

Your direct deposit information will be at the bottom of your Form 1040. 

To view your 1040 after filing, Sign into TurboTax > Taxes > Tax Timeline Some other things you can do > Download/print (.pdf).

Form 1040 the information regarding your refund is on lines 75-77 and direct deposit is on line 76. a-d).

View solution in original post

22 Replies
AustinTS

Did you elect to pay your TurboTax Fee's out of your Federal Return? Once you transmit your return & the IRS receives it, the IRS is the one that handles your refund.  If you had your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund then the IRS sends your refund to the bank that handles the transaction Santa Barbara Tax Products Group (not TurboTax) . The bank deducts your fees from your refund then deposits the remaining amount in your bank, there could be a day delay for the process.  If your bank rejected the deposit from SBTPG bank then SBTPG will hold the refund until they verify your identity and mailing address. They are supposed to notify you by e-mail but you may need to contact them, in case the email was lost, put in a spam filter, or never sent.  You may contact SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com if you need more information.

If you want to double check your Direct Deposit information please follow these steps:

Your direct deposit information will be at the bottom of your Form 1040. 

To view your 1040 after filing, Sign into TurboTax > Taxes > Tax Timeline Some other things you can do > Download/print (.pdf).

Form 1040 the information regarding your refund is on lines 75-77 and direct deposit is on line 76. a-d).

I didn't agree to pay any fees. However was informed by irs that my refund was deposited into my account but the bank says it doesnt see it yet 

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

According to the IRS, your refund could hit your account 1-5 days after it is sent by the Internal Revenue Service because banks vary in how and when they credit funds.

https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ddb622

The IRS states my refund was sent to my bank on 2/12 - I did not recieve it, nor did the bank

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

@ddb622 

If your financial institution rejects the deposit, the IRS will mail you a paper refund check.

However, you can verify your banking information you provided by following the below steps:

1. Open your return if it's not already open.
  2. On the Tax Home screen with the amount of your refund and status, scroll down and select Add a State (don't worry, we're not adding a state) to access your tax forms and worksheets.
  3. In the left menu, select Tax Tools then Print Center.
  4. On the TurboTax Print Center screen, select Print, save or preview this year's return.
  5. On the next TurboTax Print Center screen, select 2019 federal returns and Include Government and TurboTax Worksheets (optional), then select View or Print Forms.
  6. The information will be on the first page, Electronic Filing Instructions for your 2019 Federal Tax Return next to Balance Due/Refund.

If the above steps do not help, you may want to contact the IRS for more information. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

By days, do you mean business days or days in general?

Did u receive it? I’m having the same issue! 

did your bank ever get your refund?  I see that its been almost 15 days since your last post; im just curious to  how long it will take for me because I am having the same issue.

did you finally receive your refund ?

I am in the same boat.  I went to the Santa Barbara site as suggested and it is claiming some sort of fraudulent activity and therefore I must send verification (ID) to them.  Which I did.  Now its saying that it could take 5-7 days to verify!!!!!!  I received no notification of any issues.   I wont be using Turbo Tax if this how they treat a customer who has been with them for 10 years.

@margbark69  It baffles me how this bank has the power to keep our money and do as they please my account was supposedly missing a digit now I’m waiting on paper check to come from sbtpg. It’s funny they suspecting u of fraud but I bet they collected their fees from the return first if you got time check their reviews it’s too many to read on too many forums same issues I don’t understand how they are even still in business

Yelhsa184

Same have you received your refund and if  so how long did it take to show up in your account 

Yelhsa184

Hi did you ever receive it in your bank or by check ?

Finally came today after being rejected in 2/26/20 returned to sbtpg on 2/28/20 and mailed out 3/3/20 and received 3/7/20

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies