turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I had forgot to put my 1095-a on my taxes can you help me put that on there now

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

15 Replies

Did you already e-file the 2017 tax return?
MollsBBU

If you have already submitted your return, you will need to wait for your return to be accepted or rejected. If rejected, simply correct and re-submit. However, if your return is accepted, you will need to submit an amendment Form 1040X

Amendment instructions can be found here when the form has been updated: https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894381-how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-filed

Note:

• Before starting to amend the tax return, wait for the tax refund to be received or the taxes due to be paid and processed by the IRS.
    • You're free to cash your refund check or spend it once you have it. You don't need to wait for your amendment to finish processing, which can take another 3-4 months.
    • If you owe money after amending, you'll just include payment with your mailed amendment form.
    • And if your amendment results in a second refund, you'll get a check for the additional amount.
  • An amended return, Form 1040X, can only be printed and mailed to the IRS, it cannot be e-filed.  
  • The IRS will take 12 weeks or longer to process an amended tax return.
  • 3 weeks after you mailed your amendment, you can start tracking its progress at the IRS Where's My Amended Return? site.

If you have not already submitted your return, you would input your 1095-A this way:

1. Open (continue) your return if you don't already have it open.
  2. In TurboTax, search for 1095-A or health insurance and then click or tap the "Jump to" link in the search results.
  3. Select the first or third option on the Did you all have health insurance coverage in 2017? screen and continue.
  4. Answer Yes to the question Was anyone enrolled in one of these less common plans? and continue.
    • If you selected the third option in Step 3 ("I had it for part of 2017" or "I'll pick who had it and which months") you'll go through a few screens before you get to this question.
  5. On the following screen, select the first option for Affordable Care Act/Obamacare (as well as any others that apply), then click or tap Continue.
  6. Answer Yes to Do you have a 1095-A form? and follow the onscreen instructions.

IRS stated that I can file the 1095A & 8962 form without Amending. Please help ASAP

Follow the procedure shown in this TurboTax support FAQ - <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4348755-the-irs-is-requesting-form-8962-for-2018">https://ttlc.int...>

I forgot to add my 1095 a form to my taxes what can I do

Tonig130

Can I redo  or amend

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

To add to what DoninGA said, If you have already submitted your tax return and need to fix anything, you will need to amend it. If your return was rejected, you will be able to correct it. 

Here's an article that will give you instructions on how to amend a return.  

How do I amend my 2019 TurboTax Online return? - Community  

Here's an article that will help you fix a rejected return.

How do I fix a rejected return? - Community

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Stevenjames3
Returning Member

I pay for my own health insurance with Blue Cross Blue Sheid. I overlooked and forgot to file my 1095a.

what should I do to remedy this ?

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

If you have not filed, follow the process using the link.

Where do I enter my 1095-A?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/credits-and-deductions/help/where-do-i-enter-my-1095-a/00/26456

If you filed, you will have to amend.

To amend your 2019 tax return: Wait to see if your return has been accepted or rejected by the IRS or state. If rejected, you can correct and re-send your return. If accepted you should wait until your return has been processed and you receive your refund or conformation that any tax due has been paid. If you file an amended return while you first return is being processed it can cause extended delays for both returns if two returns are in the system at the same time. In addition, if the IRS makes any change on your original return, you might end up having to amend the amendment. Amended returns can only be mailed - allow 8-12 weeks - can take up to 16 weeks (4 months) for processing. This Turbo Tax FAQ will show you how to amend your return.

How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed. https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288565

Can you help me with this my check did not hit bank.  I printed my returns but could not see if I checked the box.

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

If you have already e-filed your return and have left something off, you would need to amend your 2019 taxes to add on the missing information. I have provided a link below that can help you with how to amend your tax return:

How to amend your 2019 tax return

Ddunks91

I was just wondering if this sounds normal due to the pandemic issues. I filed my taxes on February 29th. However 2019 was the first year of using the healthcare marketplace. I didn’t realize I received a 1095. I know I’ll need to file an amendment once I’m contacted by the irs. It’s been about 7 weeks and my return says it still processing. Is this normal? I’m just waiting to hear from them so I can file the amendment.

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

Yes, it is normal. Please use this link for the latest updates on COVID-19 and how it is affecting tax returns this year: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/how-are-my-taxes-affected-by-covid-19/00/1330402

bvanwilpe

I forgot to add my 1095 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies