This post has been closed and is not open for comments or answers.
, Answering FAQ'sTurboTax Employee
What does "amend" mean, anyway?
When you amend, you're changing or correcting:
- An e-filed return that's been accepted by the IRS or state government.
- A paper return that's been mailed.
How do I know if I need to amend? Click here to find out.
So, how do I amend?
Click the tax year you need to amend for specific instructions.
- 2009 or earlier – Per IRS rules, it is no longer possible to file amended returns.
For tips from the IRS to make amending easier, see the video below.
- Will amending delay my original tax refund?
- What is the deadline for filing an amended return?
- Why can't I find my TurboTax Online return?
- How do I look up the status of my e-filed return?
- Can I e-file an amended return?