The first two stimulus payments were based on information from your 2019 or 2018 tax filings. But, the amount you were paid will be reconciled on this year’s tax return based on your 2020 situation.
If you didn't receive the correct amount of first or second stimulus payments, you can claim the Recovery Rebate Credit when you file your 2020 taxes and it will provide the same amount of payment as they would have. TurboTax will guide you through this to make sure you get every dollar you deserve.
Learn more about the third stimulus check here.
What if I never received my first or second stimulus payment or the amount was different than what I expected?
- Who is eligible to take the American Opportunity Tax Credit?
- How do I override (replace) an amount calculated by TurboTax?
- What is Full Identity Restoration?
- How do I get a copy of a return I filed this year in TurboTax Online?
- E-file rejections related to incorrect or duplicated names, birth dates, or Social Security numbers