MollsBBU

After you file

If you have already submitted your return, you will need to wait for your return to be accepted or rejected. If rejected, simply correct and re-submit. However, if your return is accepted, you will need to submit an amendment Form 1040X

Amendment instructions can be found here when the form has been updated: https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894381-how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-filed

Note:

• Before starting to amend the tax return, wait for the tax refund to be received or the taxes due to be paid and processed by the IRS.
    • You're free to cash your refund check or spend it once you have it. You don't need to wait for your amendment to finish processing, which can take another 3-4 months.
    • If you owe money after amending, you'll just include payment with your mailed amendment form.
    • And if your amendment results in a second refund, you'll get a check for the additional amount.
  • An amended return, Form 1040X, can only be printed and mailed to the IRS, it cannot be e-filed.  
  • The IRS will take 12 weeks or longer to process an amended tax return.
  • 3 weeks after you mailed your amendment, you can start tracking its progress at the IRS Where's My Amended Return? site.

If you have not already submitted your return, you would input your 1095-A this way:

1. Open (continue) your return if you don't already have it open.
  2. In TurboTax, search for 1095-A or health insurance and then click or tap the "Jump to" link in the search results.
  3. Select the first or third option on the Did you all have health insurance coverage in 2017? screen and continue.
  4. Answer Yes to the question Was anyone enrolled in one of these less common plans? and continue.
    • If you selected the third option in Step 3 ("I had it for part of 2017" or "I'll pick who had it and which months") you'll go through a few screens before you get to this question.
  5. On the following screen, select the first option for Affordable Care Act/Obamacare (as well as any others that apply), then click or tap Continue.
  6. Answer Yes to Do you have a 1095-A form? and follow the onscreen instructions.