Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lparent39

Why am i getting a message that says "hmm, looks like we hit a slight snag in this section " and try again?when i try to e-file? I have been trying all week

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

21 Replies
JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

Why am i getting a message that says "hmm, looks like we hit a slight snag in this section " and try again?when i try to e-file? I have been trying all week

Occasionally you'll see the message Hmm, looks like we hit a slight snag in this section when using TurboTax. When this happens this area of TurboTax will be temporarily unavailable for approximately 60 minutes while it refreshes. Original Post

Have you tried using a different browser? If you have and still unsuccessful, you will need to contact us for further assistance:  

The best and most efficient way for you to connect with the right person to get the help you need is to select the version you are using below.

We're open daily from 5 AM to 9 PM PT.

TurboTax Online

TurboTax mobile app

TurboTax CD/Download software

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I tried to reset the password on second day and it's still getting same message. This is really bad.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

If you are stuck on a screen or it is blank in TurboTax you may need to log out and restart your computer, then log back in, or try another browser. You may need to clear your cache and cookies. Please see these TurboTax FAQ's for information on how to clear your cache and cookies:

To clear your cache use this TurboTax FAQ:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/how-to-clear-your-cache/00/26135

To clear your cookies use this TurboTax FAQ:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/how-do-i-delete-cookies/00/25978

I am getting this error also but only when I click on the "review" button for declaring stock income. Every other page works on turbotax online works. I tried two different browsers, Two different computers and two different wifi networks each on two different days. I believe this is an issue on Turbo Tax side. I literally can not file because of this issue.

Please fix this.

I also cleared cookies and cache. 

please help

I am about to hire a tax guy to avoid using turbo tax ever again. 

I have the same issue. I tried contacting turbo tax and the representative walked me through clearing cache/cookies, restarting my pc, different browser, two different PCs on two different networks over two different days (well over the 60 min estimated refresh time suggested online). The issue is still here. Its clear the problem is on TurboTax side and that a lot of people are having this issue on online forums this year. 

Please fix this as I am about to hire a tax guy to avoid ever using turbo tax again.

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

Can you delete the section that contains your investment transactions and re-enter the sale of stocks again and see if that resolves your issue?

I got this error using the TT app on my iPad (iPadOS 14.4) both yesterday and today. However, after a video session with TT help desk I tried using Chrome browser instead and got past the issue. So, there’s still an issue with the iOS TT app but not in the browser.

I keep getting this everyday for the past few weeks.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

@aketo What version of TurboTax are you using, online or desktop? 

You may need to clear your cache and cookies. Make sure your return is saved in your TurboTax account and then sign out. Clear the cache and delete the cookies on your computer, open a new browser, sign back into your account and try entering your information again. You may also want to change browsers, for example, if you are using Chrome, try switching to Firefox.

In addition to clearing your cache and cookies, you want to make sure your operating systems are up-to-date as well.

Please click the following links to learn more:

Using Windows Update to keep your system up-to-date

How to update Mac OS X

However, if this does not resolve your issue, please note the exact message and where you are encountering that message in the program.  We will work with you towards a resolution to file your return accurately. Please click the link to contact TurboTax customer support.

The problem occurs in the iPad iOS 14:4. Got past it using Chrome browser. 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

@DannoCracker Thank you for that information. We are glad it worked out for you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies