Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

Where is the section that you input your stimulus payment amounts? I need to update and can't locate it anywhere! Tax Year 2020

TurboTax will not show you the stimulus screen if you are not eligible @Spanky. It's possible you saw the screen before you added all your income.

You can review your stimulus information the the Forms mode.

1. Tap Forms in the top right
  2. Select 1040/1040SR Wks in the left column (Forms in My Return)
  3. Tap line 30 and select the magnifying glass. This will take you to the Recovery Rebate Credit Worksheet.
  4. Review and make any changes
  5. Tap Step-by-Step in the top right when you are done to get back to the interview mode.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Where is the section that you input your stimulus payment amounts? I need to update and can't locate it anywhere! Tax Year 2020

@Spanky   What is your AGI on 1040 line 11?   If you don't see the Recovery Rebate Credit in Forms mode you can probably add it to see why you aren't getting it.  Click on Open Form at the top and sear for Recovery.  It should pop up the first one in the list.

I made a screen shot.  As I said if the Recovery Rebate isn't shown in Forms Mode you can OPEN it.  Start typing recovery in the search box.

Stimulus Open.jpg

THEN  when you open the form see lines 9 & 10  See if your AGI is too high.  It phases out between box 9 and 10 limits.  

Stimulus MAX.jpg

trlow98

This answer only refers to Online use of Turbotax.  I need the answer for using desktop Turbotax.  Where do I input stimulus/recovery rebate?  Tks....

@trlow98 wrote:

This answer only refers to Online use of Turbotax.  I need the answer for using desktop Turbotax.  Where do I input stimulus/recovery rebate?  Tks....

Click on Federal Taxes

Click on Other Tax Situations

Scroll down and click on Done with Other

The next screen asks about receiving the 3rd stimulus payment

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

Here's how to input your Rebate Recovery Credit in TurboTax CD/Download @trlow98:

• Type stimulus in Search in the top right
  • Select Jump to stimulus
  • You should see Let's double-check the amount you received. If you don't see this screen, it means you are not qualified to receive the stimulus based on your 2021 info.

You can also use the Forms mode.

• Tap Forms in the top right
  • Tap Open Form in the left column
  • Type rebate in the search box
  • Select Recovery Rebate Credit Worksheet and tap Open Form
  • Tap Step-by-Step in the top right to return to the interview mode

With Forms, you can bring up the worksheet whether you are qualified or not.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have tried the directions given to find the section for 'inputting stimulus check information' or 'to check information for stimulus' with no luck. It's like this section of questions is skipped over. I am using the same software for the taxes I did for my kids and I was prompted for this information. Why am I not getting prompted or cannot find it?

@rjdzebra65 wrote:

I have tried the directions given to find the section for 'inputting stimulus check information' or 'to check information for stimulus' with no luck. It's like this section of questions is skipped over. I am using the same software for the taxes I did for my kids and I was prompted for this information. Why am I not getting prompted or cannot find it?

If your 2021 Adjusted Gross Income is over the maximum for receiving the Recovery Rebate Credit the question for receiving the stimulus payment will not be presented.

• Single or married filing separately—$80,000
• Married filing jointly or qualifying widow(er)—$160,000
• Head of household—$120,000

If your 2021 is too high to qualify for the Recovery Rebate Credit it won't ask you for it.  If your AGI is too high you don't have to enter what you got or letter 6475 and you don't have to pay it back and it is not taxable.

TylerK

This solution doesn't work for me. It keeps taking me in a circle. I have my Letter 6475 but it won't take me to the section to enter it.

How much is your income? We've explained it above but....

To get to the stimulus questions in TurboTax at any time, you can search for stimulus or recovery rebate credit then hit ENTER and there should be a Jump to link

If you are trying to trigger it,

Click on Other Tax Situations at top

Click on Let's get started

Answer some questions then Continue

Then click on Let's keep going

Next screen is for the Third Stimulus, if you qualify

If you did not get prompted to enter your stimulus information, that means you either:

1. Filed as a dependent being claimed on another tax return, or 
  2. have an AGI too high to claim the recovery rebate

trlow98

Thank you all - If you do not qualify recovery rebate, it appears the jump key or tag key does not take you or prompt you to enter your stimulus received.    Odd Turbotax setup:)

If your 2021 is too high to qualify for the Recovery Rebate Credit it won't ask you for it.  If your AGI is too high you don't have to enter what you got or letter 6475 and you don't have to pay it back and it is not taxable.

$600 first check  stimulus ln $1200 I didn’t get the Rebate Recovery Credit 2021 $1400

@Rodneyhall41 

There is nowhere on your 2022 to enter anything about stimulus checks.

The first EIP --or stimulus check--- was issued in 2020  It was for $1200 for adults and $500 for a dependent under the age of 17.   The IRS used information from either your 2019 or 2020 tax return to issue those checks so they could send them out in a hurry.

The 2nd EIP or stimulus was issued in late 2020 or early 2021 and was $600 for adults and $600 for dependents under age 17.

If you did not receive the 1st and/or 2nd stimulus check you can get it by filing a 2020 tax return and using the recovery rebate credit in Federal Review.   It will end up on line 30 of a 2020 tax return and will be added to your refund (or reduce your tax due).

The 3rd EIP--or stimulus check-- was sent out in mid-March or later in 2021 and was for $1400 per person--adults and dependents no age limit.

If you did not get the 3rd EIP payment you can get it by filing a 2021 tax return and using the recovery rebate credit in Federal Review.   The credit will go on line 30 of your Form 1040 and will add to your refund (or reduce your tax due).

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies