Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

MIkeOprysko
Returning Member

Where is the section that you input your stimulus payment amounts? I need to update and can't locate it anywhere! Tax Year 2020

This assistance has been completely unhelpful!!

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Where is the section that you input your stimulus payment amounts? I need to update and can't locate it anywhere! Tax Year 2020

In TurboTax Deluxe for the CD/Download, to return to the stimulus payment section, if

• the search box entry stimulus does not provide a Jump to link in the search results, and
  • at the end of Other Tax Situations under the PERSONAL tab is going directly into the Federal review, check to make sure you are eligible to receive the stimulus payments. 

Your adjusted gross income (AGI) must be below,

• $75,000 for individuals
  • $112,500 for heads of household
  • $150,000 for married, joint filers

If your income is greater than these amounts, the credit is reduced by $5 for each $100 above the $75,000/$112,500/$150,000 thresholds.

To enter the Recovery Rebate Credit details if all else fails, change to Forms mode and follow these steps:

1. In Forms Mode, double click on Open Forms.
  2. When the Open Form window opens, enter Recovery Rebate in the search line and wait for this worksheet to populate under 1040/1040SR Wks: Form 1040 or Form 1040-SR Worksheet.
  3. Highlight Recovery Rebate Credit Worksheet and click Open Form in the bottom right corner of the Open Form window.
  4. Enter the stimulus amounts as received on Line 16 and Line 19
  5. If this does not post on Line 30 of Form 1040, it means you are not eligible.

@MIkeOprysko

bsc138

@MIkeOprysko  did you ever get this resolved?  I have the same issue, but I waited until the last minute....

DawnC
Expert Alumni

Go to the search bar up top and type in stimulus, hit enter and then use the Jump to stimulus link to be taken to the questions.   It works in the desktop version as well.  

If the search does not take you there, it means either:

• You marked that you are being claimed as a dependent on another tax return OR
  • Your AGI is too high and thus you are not eligible for stimulus payments.      @bsc138
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I agree! This crummy program has no search mode.

@depdad wrote:

I agree! This crummy program has no search mode.

Of course the TurboTax program has a Search mode on both the online editions and the desktop editions.

Enter stimulus in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen.  Click on Jump to stimulus

Form 2441.jpg

There is no "Jump to" option on my drop-down menu.

@depdad wrote:

There is no "Jump to" option on my drop-down menu.

There is if you enter the word stimulus in the Search box - 

Jump to stimulus.JPG

After you type in the word stimulus you need to hit the return or enter key on a keyboard.  At least on my Windows computer.  Don't know how on a mobile device.  

I'm on the turbotax desktop app. What if after searching the "stimulus", and "jump to", it takes me to the Federal Review tab, but I don't see anything related to the stimulus check? ( I did received the check for the 3rd round.tax_01.png

FangxiaL
Expert Alumni

To enter the correct 3rd stimulus payment received in 2021:

1. Within federal taxes, click Federal Review
  2. Answer questions in Let's double-check the amount you received

If you do see this screen below when click on Federal Review, one reason could be that your AGI is over the limit and you do not qualify for the stimulus. Here is the income limit (fully phaseout amount) for 2021:

• Single & MFS - $80,000
  • MFJ & QW - $160,000
  • HOH - $120,000

See the screenshot here:

Hey, thanks for the reply.

I'm on the TurboTax desktop app so the layout looks different than yours (please refer to the image I posted earlier)------------There is not "Let's double-check the amount you received".

I'm single and my 2021 AGI is above $80000, I guess that is the reason why TurboTax don't show me any option regarding inputting stimulus payment. However, when the 3rd stimulus payment issued on March 2021, it was based on my 2020 AGI which is lower than $8000. In this case, how can I put in the payment about into TurboTax desktop app?

FangxiaL
Expert Alumni

TurboTax Desktop should have the same screen if you qualify for the stimulus based on your 2021 AGI.

If you received the 3rd stimulus payment based on your 2020 income, and 2021 income disqualifies you for the payment, you don't need to enter it in your tax return. The stimulus payment is not included in your 2021 income and you are not required to pay it back.

See the image here:

Thanks for the explanation!

markb08

Hello,

I am trying to figure this out as well but never get asked about any stimulus payment.

When I click "Federal Review" my next screen says:

Let's check your federal return and make sure it's good to go"

I am using TurboTax online and when I click continue on the screen where I see this message it just says "Checking your return" and then says everything looks good.

There is no asking for stimulus information and I cannot find anywhere to put it, however I have the letter 6475 from the IRS.

Please advise where to report this information

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies