Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

KrisD15
Expert Alumni

Where is the section that you input your stimulus payment amounts? I need to update and can't locate it anywhere! Tax Year 2020

Delete the worksheet as described above,

THEN

Click Review on the left side-bar

The next screen should say "Let's take care of these details now"

Scroll down to "Answers to review" and click Review

Next screen should be Check This Entry for the Recovery Rebate Credit Worksheet 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
madcolor
Returning Member

Where is the section that you input your stimulus payment amounts? I need to update and can't locate it anywhere! Tax Year 2020

No, the next screen (after clicking review) says:

"You’re in the home stretch"

I click continue then get: Everything looks great!

with [I have questions] and [I'm ready to file] button options.

And yes, I have confirmed that I deleted the Recovery Rebate Credit Worksheet.

AliciaP1
Expert Alumni

You may have exceeded the eligible AGI for the credit based on your filing status.  You can check your eligibility at What are the eligibility rules for the Recovery Rebate Credit?

@madcolor

To get to the stimulus questions in TurboTax at any time, you can search for stimulus or recovery rebate credit then hit ENTER and there should be a Jump to link

If you are trying to trigger it,
Click on Other Tax Situations at top
Click on Let's get started
Answer some questions then Continue
Then click on Let's keep going
Next screen is for the Third Stimulus, if you qualify

If you did not get prompted to enter your stimulus information, that means you either:

Filed as a dependent being claimed on another tax return, or
have an AGI too high to claim the recovery rebate

madcolor
Returning Member

This is ending up as a real bug. I have been in chat with support for over an hour. The issue is being elevated now. On phone hold now.

@madcolor wrote:

This is ending up as a real bug. I have been in chat with support for over an hour. The issue is being elevated now. On phone hold now.

The stimulus question would not be presented to you when using TurboTax for only two reasons -

1.  You are being claimed as a dependent

2.  Your 2021 Adjusted Gross Income for your filing status is over the maximum to be eligible for the Recovery Rebate Credit -

• Single or married filing separately—$80,000
• Married filing jointly or qualifying widow(er)—$160,000
• Head of household—$120,000

I am very confused. So if I received a portion of the third Economic Impact Payment in 2021 (because I was not eligible to receive the full amount due to my income), do I not need to enter that information when I file for 2021? I cannot find confirmation one way or another. Seems like the conservative thing to do would be for the software to ask the question regardless of your AGI; unless I am missing something here. 

DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

The stimulus question is asked only to determine how much more stimulus payment you are still eligible to receive.  If you are already ineligible due to income limitations on your 2021 tax return there is no need to know how much you already received since you do not have to pay any back nor is any of the payment taxable.  

Spanky
Returning Member

I have read through 4 pages of posts, but do not see an answer.  Has this issue been resolved?  I am having the same issue.  I think I answered the stimulus check questions when I first entered my information, but want to go back and verify the amount and make sure I answered the questions correctly, but cannot get there.  There is no way to Jump to that section and there is no Form to edit or change because I believe I received the correct amount (a little less than the full amount due to my income).  Why can I not get back to the original question?  I have tried everything suggested in all these articles and it appears others are still having the problem.  Will this be corrected or have I just not found the magic link?  Thanks!

@Spanky   

To get to the stimulus questions in TurboTax at any time, you can search for stimulus or recovery rebate credit then hit ENTER and there should be a Jump to link

If you are trying to trigger it,
Click on Other Tax Situations at top
Click on Let's get started
Answer some questions then Continue
Then click on Let's keep going
Next screen is for the Third Stimulus, if you qualify

And double check 1040 line 30. Line 30 is only if you did not get the full amount or qualify for more. It is not for the amount you already got.

If you did not get prompted to enter your stimulus information, that means you either:

Filed as a dependent being claimed on another tax return, or
have an AGI too high to claim the recovery rebate

Couple screen shots from the Online version

Jump Stimulus.jpgStimulus3.jpg

Spanky
Returning Member

I am on the desktop version.  When I click on the Other Tax Situations there is no Let's Get Started or Let's Keep Going because I have already completed my return (it is ready to file).  When I try to Jump there is nowhere to go.  As I mentioned, I was prompted to enter my stimulus information when I originally input my information and I think it was all correct and I have received what I was due.  What I want to do is make sure of that, but can find no way to get the questions to pop up again.

@Spanky wrote:

I am on the desktop version.  When I click on the Other Tax Situations there is no Let's Get Started or Let's Keep Going because I have already completed my return (it is ready to file).  When I try to Jump there is nowhere to go.  As I mentioned, I was prompted to enter my stimulus information when I originally input my information and I think it was all correct and I have received what I was due.  What I want to do is make sure of that, but can find no way to get the questions to pop up again.

I also have a completed and filed tax return using the 2021 Premier desktop edition for Windows.

When I click on Federal Taxes and then click on Other Tax Situations, scroll to the bottom and click on Done with Other, the next screen labeled Let's double-check the amount you received shows the stimulus question for the amount received with a Yes or No selection.

Spanky
Returning Member

Thank you, but I have done all that and just tried again.  Following your exact instructions, once I click Done with Other, the next screen I see is We're Ready to Review Your Federal Return.  As I said, I think the first time I went through I did get the questions about the Stimulus, but it appears that since I have already answered them once, I don't get a second try.  I think in this case everything is OK, but I do want to verify and see what I answered the first time around and what if there is an error?  There seems to be no way to get back to it.  I have searched the Forms for a way to back into it as well, but can't find anything.  I am in Deluxe vs. Premier. 

@Spanky wrote:

Thank you, but I have done all that and just tried again.  Following your exact instructions, once I click Done with Other, the next screen I see is We're Ready to Review Your Federal Return.  As I said, I think the first time I went through I did get the questions about the Stimulus, but it appears that since I have already answered them once, I don't get a second try.  I think in this case everything is OK, but I do want to verify and see what I answered the first time around and what if there is an error?  There seems to be no way to get back to it.  I have searched the Forms for a way to back into it as well, but can't find anything.  I am in Deluxe vs. Premier. 

There are only two reasons why the program will not present the stimulus payment question -

1.  You are being claimed as a dependent (or)

2.  Your 2021 Adjusted Gross Income is over the maximum for receiving the Recovery Rebate Credit

• Single or married filing separately—$80,000
• Married filing jointly or qualifying widow(er)—$160,000
• Head of household—$120,000

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies