turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When I login into my credit karma account it say I can't be verified or something weird and try later and it's been days

I verified and signed into on the credit karma account on my app but on here it won't let me complete the tax refund advance
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

17 Replies

When I login into my credit karma account it say I can't be verified or something weird and try later and it's been days

Not sure what you are trying to do.   You do not "get" that advance until the IRS accepts your return.   The IRS is not going to start accepting/rejecting tax returns until late January/early February.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Oh lol my bad thank you that helps alot and makes sense 😂

es261619
Returning Member

It's telling me the same thing.  I want to know that answer as well.  I know other people who has gotten an advance refund not using turbo but other tax places so turbo should be able to do the same.

@es261619   If you want the advance from TurboTax you agree to the terms of the advance---or you do not get the advance.   The advance has to offered to you--you cannot apply for it.

Refund Advance eligibility

Here are some of the eligibility requirements to qualify for a Refund Advance loan:

• You’re 18 or older
  • You’re not a resident of North Carolina, Connecticut, or Illinois
  • You’re e-filing your federal tax return with TurboTax
  • Your physical address is listed on your tax return. Your address must be located in one of the eligible states and can’t be a PO box or prison address
  • You’re not filing one of these tax forms: 1310, 4852, 4684, 4868, 1040SS, 1040PR, 1040X, 8888, or 8862
  • You aren’t filing on behalf of a deceased taxpayer
  • You must report income on a Form W-2, 1099-R , Sched C, or Sched CEZ

The refund loan will not be available until later in January when you can e-file your 2021 return.   The money for the loan is not given to you until the IRS ACCEPTS your e-file.  The IRS will not begin to accept e-files until January 24.

You cannot apply for the refund loan.  It has to be offered to you, and you have to agree to the terms—-which have changed since last year——so read some information——and pay attention to the details in the fine print …  https://turbotax.intuit.com/refund-advance/

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Krystalmm

It has nothing to do with any dates or the IRS. I'm able to log into the app just fine, but when it comes to me being approved for a refund advance and logging into my credit karma that way, through turbotax, it says the same thing about having problems identifying me. I've had a credit karma account for years and a TurboTax account for years. It's holding me up right this second with my taxes and me being able to hit submit.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Only Credit Karma would be able to provide assistance with verifying your identity on their end. You can contact them via their Contact Us link for assistance. 

Although TurboTax and Credit Karma are both a part of Intuit, they are separate products. Please see  Is Credit Karma a part of TurboTax? for more information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
peacelife13
Returning Member

mine does the same thing, and i have been trying for 2 days

BrandiLO1
Intuit Alumni

Have you contacted Credit Karma following the link provided above by @MichelleLO @peacelife13?

es261619
Returning Member

I contacted credit karma they basically said it's nothing that they can do for me. 

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Try these steps provided by user @tgyuille69

STEPS TO CORRECT THE ERROR MESSAGE "SOMETHING CHANGED IN YOUR RETURN"

• Log into your Credit Karma account (MUST BE ON A DESKTOP OR LAPTOP.  NOT THE APP)
  • Go  to the upper right-hand corner after logging in and click on PROFILE & SETTINGS
  • Scroll down and click on SECURITY SETTINGS 
  • Scroll down to the email section and confirm the email you have on file with Credit Karma
  • Then scroll down to the end of the page to LINKED ACCOUNTS
  • Then click on UNLINK ACCOUNT to unlink your TurboTax account from your Credit Karma account
  • Then log back into your Turbotax account and click on Intuit Account button(located at the bottom over top of the log out button)
  • Go down to your email and change it to the email you have listed in your Credit Karma profile
  • Then sign back out of Turbotax and then back in and go to file your return and it should correct the problem and you should then be able to e-file and receive your refund advance.

If the above doesn't work, please reach back out in the thread here for additional instructions. 

thicks0
Returning Member

I have tried this and am still getting the same error message. 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

This is an issue with are working to resolve. Please see the below TurboTax help article to sign up for updates regarding this issue.

Refund Advance loop when filing

@thicks0

@MichelleLO  your link is broken. It’s really appalling that this has been an issue for almost 3 months and there are no posted solutions. It looks like you all and credit karma both gave up trying to fix it about two weeks in.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

You are commenting on an older thread that may have outdated information.  

The situation appears to be resolved, but if you are still having issues, you will need to reach out to Credit Karma Customer Service for further assistance.  To do this, please click on their Help link here.  

@magmyl

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies