Swagson5033

When I login into my credit karma account it say I can't be verified or something weird and try later and it's been days

I verified and signed into on the credit karma account on my app but on here it won't let me complete the tax refund advance

Not sure what you are trying to do.   You do not "get" that advance until the IRS accepts your return.   The IRS is not going to start accepting/rejecting tax returns until late January/early February.

Swagson5033

Oh lol my bad thank you that helps alot and makes sense 😂

es261619

It's telling me the same thing.  I want to know that answer as well.  I know other people who has gotten an advance refund not using turbo but other tax places so turbo should be able to do the same.

@es261619   If you want the advance from TurboTax you agree to the terms of the advance---or you do not get the advance.   The advance has to offered to you--you cannot apply for it.

Refund Advance eligibility

Here are some of the eligibility requirements to qualify for a Refund Advance loan:

• You’re 18 or older
  • You’re not a resident of North Carolina, Connecticut, or Illinois
  • You’re e-filing your federal tax return with TurboTax
  • Your physical address is listed on your tax return. Your address must be located in one of the eligible states and can’t be a PO box or prison address
  • You’re not filing one of these tax forms: 1310, 4852, 4684, 4868, 1040SS, 1040PR, 1040X, 8888, or 8862
  • You aren’t filing on behalf of a deceased taxpayer
  • You must report income on a Form W-2, 1099-R , Sched C, or Sched CEZ

The refund loan will not be available until later in January when you can e-file your 2021 return.   The money for the loan is not given to you until the IRS ACCEPTS your e-file.  The IRS will not begin to accept e-files until January 24.

You cannot apply for the refund loan.  It has to be offered to you, and you have to agree to the terms—-which have changed since last year——so read some information——and pay attention to the details in the fine print …  https://turbotax.intuit.com/refund-advance/

Krystalmm

It has nothing to do with any dates or the IRS. I'm able to log into the app just fine, but when it comes to me being approved for a refund advance and logging into my credit karma that way, through turbotax, it says the same thing about having problems identifying me. I've had a credit karma account for years and a TurboTax account for years. It's holding me up right this second with my taxes and me being able to hit submit.

MichelleLO
Employee TurboTax Specialist

Only Credit Karma would be able to provide assistance with verifying your identity on their end. You can contact them via their Contact Us link for assistance. 

Although TurboTax and Credit Karma are both a part of Intuit, they are separate products. Please see  Is Credit Karma a part of TurboTax? for more information.