Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax updated, now not responding? Why won't it open?

Did the program shut down after receiving this message? 

@spider1935

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
JOANM2

Last year I had the same problem with TT 2020 and I was able to transfer it to another mac with an earlier OS then Monterey 12.0.1 that is currently on my laptop.  

I need to transfer this to my other mac computer.  Can I do this using the same code? 

Katina S
Intuit Alumni

Yes. You can install your Turbo Tax software on up to 5 computers.  If you need help getting it installed on another Mac, here are Mac installation instructions.

PatchyFog

THANK YOU, Olagarde! Disconnecting the network was a brilliant idea and did the trick. Update went fine using the menu after I was back online. (I'm on Mojave beta 3 using TT 2021)

barbarac3
Returning Member

I have been using Turbo Tax since it was invented, I buy the Premier version, and downloaded, I have an i7 computer...I should NOT have problems doing the California return. Can someone help me? Why doesn't turbo tax help me on the phone, I called them...they told me to log in here? I am supposed to have customer service since I bought this at costco!!!

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@barbarac3

What is the specific issue you are having?  Are you getting an error message?  Please post what you need assistance with and someone will follow up with the next steps.  

barbarac3
Returning Member

The state return won't start...I finished my federal return.

barbarac3
Returning Member

Except it is happening with windows users too...

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Please click here for troubleshooting assistance with updates. 

I was basically done with my 2021 returns 3 weeks ago but having a problem with my assets transferring over from Fed to State, wrote a question/thread and was told it went to investigations. No answer yet but that's not my biggest prob now.

I signed into Turbo Tax today to see if I could figure out my above problem. I did the updates it required (which seems weird there would be more updates at this late time). Once done and Turbo tax opened I got a spinning rainbow (MacBook Air Big Sur 11) and had to do a force quit as TT was not responding. Sent requested error report to Apple. Turbo Tax opened and there was a similar error report from TT which I answered with what I was doing when I encountered the problem and sent that in. When I did that Turbo Tax closed and won't reopen. It tries to open with the little "let's check your credentials" box then closes to no Turbo tax. I don't know what to do now.

P.S. I've cleared cookies. Nothing. I restarted my computer. Nothing. It tried to open - I saw a brief/blip "let's check for updates" I think message, then goes away. Won't open.

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

In order to fix this issue, please try to uninstalling your current version of TurboTax, re-download, and then re-install the software. This process should once again make your version of TurboTax useable.

For more information, please see the TurboTax FAQ below:

I recently updated my TurboTax software but it won't open. What do I do?

If you continue to have issues please contact our TurboTax Customer Care team for further assistance. The best and most efficient way for you to connect with the right person to get the help you need is to select the version you are using in the TurboTax FAQ below:
What is the TurboTax phone number?

We're open daily from 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM PT.

@revdirt

Well, we called a helpline and got walked thru the process of uninstalling and reinstalling. It won't open. (Not sure if we had discarded the right thing as it was the one with "our name '21".) We tried a second time and won't work too. So, I threw away the CD TurboTax icon too, and tried downloading a third time - still no luck. Hubby is on the phone with another helper.

RQC
Level 2

I have had similar problems with TT on iMac systems.  Uninstalling TT and reinstalling TT didn't work for me.  What DID WORK was to remove completely TT from my iMac.  There is a TT webpage that describes this process.  Follow this process and then reinstall the 2021 version of TT.  Cleaning up old files worked for me.  My guess is there is a deprecated file or object from an older version of TT that is causing the problem.  Good luck!

@RQC Thanks for the info. Finally gave up trying to uninstall/reinstall and am doing it online thru TT.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies