Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ecamhi

TurboTax for Mac 2018 fails. I receive this message : the"lldb" command requires the command line developer tools. Would you like to install the tools now? Help?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

19 Replies

TurboTax for Mac 2018 fails. I receive this message : the"lldb" command requires the command line developer tools. Would you like to install the tools now? Help?

That issue was fixed with an update.  You need to update,  TurboTax -> Check for Updates.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
Joe M1

I have been using TT for several years now and have never really had any problems until this year. 

When I try to run my "tax history" report (which is in the Window menu) it crashes the program.  I have been on with both Intuit and Apple Support and they seem to point fingers at each other (go figure).  Hours and hours on hold and talking to different people that really don't know anything about this issue.  I have searched the internet for a fix, one person said you need to update TT and it fixed their problem.  You can't run TT without updating and my TT program and OS are both up to date.  I think the updates are the problem.

I am running macOS Catalina 10.15.3.  It sounds like this has been happening sporatically for years and they never fix it.  I also am reading it is happening different places within the program for different people, so it's not like every crash is happening at the "tax history" report like mine.

TT should be making sure that it works on all operating systems and all updates.  Who is at fault, Apple or Intuit?  The issue happened to me with TT 2019 for the first time this year.  I opened TT 2018 and last years return and now that one too is having the issue that it didn't have last year.  TT 2018 had updates that I couldn't avoid so I updated and installed.  So having updated both the OS and TT makes it hard to determine when this problem started for me.

Someone please help that has worked through this, I hope I put all the relevant information up there.

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the Customer Support phone number below for further assistance:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

If you would like to reach out through our website, please see the TurboTax FAQ below for contact information: https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

No, it has not been fixed.

I am running Catalina 10.15.4 and TT kept crashing during the File phase.  

TT always looks for updates when launched.  And it says there is no updates.  The crashes still happen to the point that it no longer even opens.  I read somewhere that you cannot sent error reports, so I reinstalled and relaunched TT and made sure not to touch the error message window.  Sure enough TT was able to open and I was able to efile Federal, but still fail every time with State efile.  At one point I got the "lldb" message.  Most of there time I got the "TurboTax quit unexpectedly" message.

Very disappointed with TT.  I used it for years and never a problem.  This year, for Tax 2019, it just kept crashing.  Some investigation online shows that the crashing problem has been reported for quite a few months already.  Lucky for Intuit, thanks to Cvid19, this year's tax day has been extended.  Otherwise, users like me won't be able to file before April 15.

I just started to have this problem too with 2018... I wish I hadn't updated it...

wenwen
Returning Member

Hi I am have this problem in the 2021 version.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

You are commenting on an old thread. Can you please provide specific details about the issue you are experiencing? Please include which OS are you running.

Also, you may want to consider starting a new thread for your question so that you get the most recent and accurate advice from the Community. 

@wenwen

wenwen
Returning Member

I couldn't find where i can post a new one.  But when I tried to import my W2, this "lldb" requires install and it crashes the software, which requires it to restart.

I am running the software in a mac currently.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Please try to update your software. 

How to update Mac OS

@wenwen

wenwen
Returning Member

I did tried updating, but says no updates.

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Please click here for more assistance if your update is failing. 

wenwen
Returning Member

Same, says there is no new updates and the latest is installed.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support for additional assistance.

What is the TurboTax phone number?

@wenwen

This has not been fixed, I cannot efile!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies