Test that your printer is working by trying to print from another program, such as Microsoft Word. Many printing problems can be resolved by installing the latest version of Adobe Reader (it's free). Test that your printer is working by trying to print from another program, such as Microsoft Word.
If your printer is working
You can print from within TurboTax Online or by using the Print button (found under the File menu) of your browser.
If those options don't work, save your return as a PDF. You can do this either from within TurboTax (follow these steps) or your browser.
To print from your browser, look for Print under the File menu of your browser. Under Print, you'll be able to choose to Save as PDF (it may be called Print as PDF or View as PDF). Some browsers will add an extra step and open a preview window and then ask if you want to Save as PDF or Print. Choose Print.
Once the file has been saved as a PDF, it should be easy to print. Be sure to note the location/folder where you save your PDF. If you have problems printing your PDF, Adobe has suggestions on what to do.
If your printer doesn't seem to be working
Try these steps (you can stop at whatever point your printer works).
- Make sure the printer you're using is your default printer. (This is usually listed under Settings on your computer.)
- Make sure your printer's drivers and computer's operating system are up-to-date.
- Remove all other devices (such as external drives), which can interfere with printers.
- Shut your computer and printer down for 15-30 seconds, and then turn them back on.
- If your printer is on a network, try a direct connection to a printer using a cable.
- Sign in with a different browser and/or try a different computer that has access to a printer.
If you don't have a printer, or you still can't print after trying the steps above
- Save the PDF to a storage device, like a thumb drive.
- Go to another computer and upload the PDF, and then print it out.
- You can also email the PDF to yourself, download it, and print it out from another computer. If you don't have access to another computer, public libraries and stores that offer copy and print services should be able to help you for a small fee.