The info on the W-2 is entered and displyed correc...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The info on the W-2 is entered and displyed correctly. However, there is an $8,000 error in the final entry. How do I correct it?

On the online form the federal income tax withheld is correctly shown as 1,899.38. However in the wrap up it shows the tax withheld as over $8,000 and a projected refund of $6,661. This is obviously incorrect. How can I get it corrected?
3 Replies
Level 15

The info on the W-2 is entered and displyed correctly. However, there is an $8,000 error in the final entry. How do I correct it?

go back and re-check box 2 for Federal (On the actual software form).   A decimal point for cents 81.23 entered as 81comma23 will turn into $8123.00.

Watch those keyboard entries.  Take a double-look on every box in that software form again too.....there could be others, for which you also  hit the comma . 

Level 15

You  need to check your own data entries. Go back to Federal>Wages and Income and look again at everything you entered

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Level 15

Maybe it's adding something else.  Like it thinks you made a payment with an extension?  Also look around under Deductions & Credits - Estimates and Other Taxes Paid

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings