myrna-heil

The info on the W-2 is entered and displyed correctly. However, there is an $8,000 error in the final entry. How do I correct it?

On the online form the federal income tax withheld is correctly shown as 1,899.38. However in the wrap up it shows the tax withheld as over $8,000 and a projected refund of $6,661. This is obviously incorrect. How can I get it corrected?
SteamTrain

go back and re-check box 2 for Federal (On the actual software form).   A decimal point for cents 81.23 entered as 81comma23 will turn into $8123.00.

Watch those keyboard entries.  Take a double-look on every box in that software form again too.....there could be others, for which you also  hit the comma . 

______________
Still wrong?   Delete the entire W-2, and then re-enter again from scratch  (

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

You  need to check your own data entries. Go back to Federal>Wages and Income and look again at everything you entered

Maybe it's adding something else.  Like it thinks you made a payment with an extension?  Also look around under Deductions & Credits - Estimates and Other Taxes Paid