Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The info on the W-2 is entered and displyed correctly. However, there is an $8,000 error in the final entry. How do I correct it?

On the online form the federal income tax withheld is correctly shown as 1,899.38. However in the wrap up it shows the tax withheld as over $8,000 and a projected refund of $6,661. This is obviously incorrect. How can I get it corrected?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

The info on the W-2 is entered and displyed correctly. However, there is an $8,000 error in the final entry. How do I correct it?

go back and re-check box 2 for Federal (On the actual software form).   A decimal point for cents 81.23 entered as 81comma23 will turn into $8123.00.

Watch those keyboard entries.  Take a double-look on every box in that software form again too.....there could be others, for which you also  hit the comma . 

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

You  need to check your own data entries. Go back to Federal>Wages and Income and look again at everything you entered

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Maybe it's adding something else.  Like it thinks you made a payment with an extension?  Also look around under Deductions & Credits - Estimates and Other Taxes Paid

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies