turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sabbbbc

I need a state efile confirmation number to be able to resend (efile) the taxes I did for my son, [PII]

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

24 Replies
MFlournoy

I need a state efile confirmation number to be able to resend (efile) the taxes I did for my son, [PII]

Please use link below to check on filing status.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-results/

I already purchased turbo tax and filed mine. Now I’m trying to file my sons and wants a state efile confirmation number.

Did you start a new account for your son?  You can't e-file the same return twice.

State Nebraska ,serial number 1-2-4286, amount 24.99

Vsansom

I am having the same issue. turbo tax won't let me efile my state return without a confirmation number even though I have paid for Turbo Tax and already filed the federal and efiled it.

djotham
Returning Member

how did this get resolved? Havce the same challenge

I have my taxes ready to file. But I got to the end it ask me for a confirmation number.  My state is Delaware. How do I get a confirmation number?

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer care for help getting a State confirmation number. 

The best and most efficient way for you to connect with the right person to get the help you need is to select the version you are using below. Use the web form and type your question or a keyword.  You will get an appropriate phone number for your issue. (You will not get a phone number if you use the link outside of operating hours.) We're open daily from 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM PT.

{Edited 3/3/21 4:04pm}

geoandjenell1
Returning Member

I need a state efile confirmation number in order to send in my state return

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

May I ask exactly where are you seeing this, that it's asking for a confirmation code, so that we can properly assist you?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

What's a confirmation number and where do I find?

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

@heebokpark Could you let us know what section of TurboTax is asking you for a confirmation number?

dan20211

I am trying to refile my IL state tax because it was rejected.

I fixed the error and start to resend the file and I reached the screen that request order # (else I would be charged for state filing again); BTW customer service is not much help!

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

Since we're unable to see your tax return through this public forum, this issue can be addressed best by contacting customer care. Please click here for steps to contact customer care.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies