Most of the folks with this problem have Windows 10-Pro. It is "supposed" to be OK with that, but so far only installs easily on W10-Home editions....(one person with W10-Home did report an install problem....). It is being worked on.
Anyhow, to get around it, everyone with W-10-Pro, so far, has been able to install in compatibility mode under Windows 8. From one of the TTX employees:
..... Rt-click on the installation file "Under file properties, I changed the compatability mode to Windows 8. It installed right away, and seems to be working ok."
Then make sure you "Run as Administrator" to install
1. did you see the progress screen that reached 100 %
2. was there any error shown
3. can you please share the logs if possible, from the location : C:\ProgramData\Intuit\TurboTax\MSI\TY17\Logs
1. Yes the first progress screen indicating TT was ready to install reached 100%.
2. No errors were shown
3. C:\ProgramData\Intuit\TurboTax\MSI\TY17 There is no folder call Logs under this folder. Maybe because I have installed TT2017 using the recommended answer in this thread??
OS : W10 Pro, Version 1709 OS build 16299.64
Processor: Intel Core i5-4430 <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="mailto:CPU@3.00GHz">CPU@3.00GHz</a>
Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299
Intel Core i5-3317U @ 1.70GHz