Turbox Tax 2017 doesn't install. I get to the "We're ready to install Turbo Tax!" screen but it doesn't install.

Most of the folks with this problem have Windows 10-Pro.  It is "supposed" to be OK with that, but so far only installs easily on W10-Home editions....(one person with W10-Home did report an install problem....).   It is being worked on.

Anyhow, to get around it, everyone with W-10-Pro, so far, has been able to install in compatibility mode under Windows 8.   From  one of the TTX employees:

.....  Rt-click on the installation file  "Under file properties, I changed the compatability mode to Windows 8.  It installed right away, and seems to be working ok."

Then make sure you "Run as Administrator" to install

@TurboTaxArunkumar

Another one?

Thanks for tagging SteamTrain. We might have to get more details on the OS config details or hardware details to understand if specific combination is causing any trouble.

I opened TurboTax under explorer, found install file, right clicked and used "troubleshoot compatability" and I was able to install 2017.  I'm running Win 10 and initially had trouble installing program.  Have used TurboTax for years.

I had the same issue today with W10-Home.  Installed perfectly once I changed the compatability mode to Windows 8.  Thanks!

Attached are 3 files from failed attempts and one after using Win 8 compatibility mode.

Thanks for sharing. However, am unable to access it. It says that it has expired. Kindly request you re-share.

@TurboTaxArunkumar
Just curious for my own info.  Is there any privacy/sensitive problem with users posting log files that anyone can access in this public Internet forum?

@epo39b We do attach screenshots, which doesnt have problem. Not sure if zip files have expiry. Because if i try to access, it shows that it expired.

Can someone please tell me how to install using Vista?