Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Covey2

Social Security Input error. Product will not accept input.

I was asked by irs for my social security but thy didn't have it.

Covey2

Turbotax said it OK and filed  it on 20/09

nt82
Level 1

The program will not accept input of social security net benefits.  It accepts the Medicare numbers but will not accept the income for either myself or my husband.  This is the Turbotax Deluxe for 2022 tax year.

When entering Wages & Income TurboTax will not let me enter SSA-1099 income. I keep getting a Blank Page. Same thing happens when trying to enter property tax data. Are there any fixes or updaetes? I've deleted and reinstall TurboTax 2022 and did the Repair & Reinstall when prompted. The Update button for items I want to input is grey and when I click on it it takes me to a blank page. Help!!!
KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are using the Online software, close your browser window and re-open it in a different tab or try to sign in using a different browser. You can also log out of TurboTax, then try clearing out your browser's cache stored on your computer. A full or corrupted cache can keep TurboTax from functioning properly. Please see the TurboTax FAQ's on how to clear your cache here. To learn how to delete your cookies, please see the TurboTax FAQ here.

@BWill37

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
nt82
Level 1

What worked for me was as follows:  I had imported 2021 data to the 2022 version.  Along with the data came a worksheet attached to the SSA benefits box.  When that worksheet was deleted, I was able to input this year's SSA benefits.  Thanks to Kirsten for working through this with me.

Saw feedback to just go to Forms & update Social Security on selected Form. It worked & processed 2022 tax forms to IRS 

jmw65

I am having this same issue - I entered 1099 R's under Wages and Income with no problem but the screens did not advance to 1099 SSA information.  The screen is 'blank' and when I click on Wages and Income and then scroll  Retirement Plans & Social  Security and then attempt the View All function, I only get to 1099 R's.  If I attempt to click Update on 1099 SSA, I get 'nothing', just the Options for Wages and Income, Deductions, etc. at the top of the screen.  This is using the desktop version 022.000.0429.  I have tried various options to get to the income fields but nothing seems to work.

jmw65

I was able to get the info entered by going to Forms and loading it directly.  I had imported from 2021 so I may delete 2022 and start from scratch and not import from 2021.  The Update function in the Step by Step should work correctly and be fixed immediately.   I am a programmer and know that this is a definite bug!   I've tested enough software to know that this needs to be corrected.   I am not sure I trust all of the calculations are working so will start from scratch and compare forms and worksheets from 2021.  Fortunately, this tax return is a very simple one and won't take very long but it is just frustrating.

LADESMIDT

I am attempting to input ssa 1099 data in my return for 2022 and the page will not load. I have tried to "jump to" the form and it does not exist as this is the first year that I have had this. I had the same issue with my W2 and was able to manually enter the data into the w2 form as I had one from last year...I have already uninstalled, reinstalled and reinstalled the updates...how can I access the form to enter social security income?

JohnW152
Expert Alumni

Try this method in TurboTax Online:

1. If you don’t see 2022 TAXES in the left pane, select the dropdown to the right of Income & Expenses on the Hi, let’s keep working on your taxes! page and then select Let’s get startedPick up where you left off, or Review/Edit
    • Otherwise, in the left pane, select Federal, then Wages & Income (This is labelled Income & Expenses in TurboTax Self-Employed)
  2. Scroll down and select the Show more dropdown to the right of Retirement Plans and Social Security
  3. Select  Start or Revisit to the right of Social Security (SSA-1099, RRB-1099)
  4. Answer  Yes on the Did you receive Social Security or Railroad Retirement benefits in 2022? page 

Answer all relevant questions on the ensuing pages, providing all information as appropriate.

@LADESMIDT 

LADESMIDT

Thanks for your response JohnW152, but I am not using TurboTax online. I purchased the CD. 

LADESMIDT

The page never loads (did the same thing on w2 page, but I was able to “jump to” that form to fill it out) and there is no ssa 1099 in the forms list

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

Try entering your Social Security using Forms mode.

1. Tap Step-by-Step in the top right corner
  2. Double click Open Form above Forms in My Return in the left column
  3. Type social security in the search box
  4. Highlight Social Security Benefits Worksheet
  5. Then tap Open Form
  6. Tap Step-by-Step in the top right corner once you are done to get back to the interview mode

@LADESMIDT

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

When I go to update my social security wages, the page goes blank and will freeze up. I had the same issue trying to put my wages in so I imported them. Am I correct you cannot import your Social Security income?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies