Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

tim6575

You may not have entered your information correctly. Please verify your personal tax data and try again.

i been waiting 7 weeks almost 2 months now  its currently june 3rd i filled out my info with direct deposit and still getting all kinds of errors on thier site the site was put togethet real slopy the html code is slopy and you would expect someone would know how to do the most simple web code there is html if youor going to make a site  for 200million   to come to and put their info in a database.... uh wonder if there database even works ? with html looking so bad  i doubt i will ever get a stim check.

You may not have entered your information correctly. Please verify your personal tax data and try again.

Same here. I thought I was the only one. I filed on Feb. 2nd  and it was accepted on the 12th. EVERYDAY since then, I've been getting that same message on the IRS website.

@ daydew3021 wrote:

Same here. I thought I was the only one. I filed on Feb. 2nd  and it was accepted on the 12th. EVERYDAY since then, I've been getting that same message on the IRS website.

Are you referring to the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool at

https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

Here are some tips:

• Be sure you have waited at least 24 hours after acceptance before using the tool (which you done).
  • When using the IRS WMR tool, be sure you enter the correct SSN and filing status.
  • Be sure you are using only the Federal refund amount.   Do not include any state refund or any total refund (Fed and State) that TurboTax may have provided on a screen.   Look at your actual Federal return, i.e., your Form 1040, Line 35a.
  • You can also try phoning the IRS refund hotline.  I've seen it work for some users before when the WMR tool didn't.  800-829-1954

Same issue, mine were accepted feb 12, 2021 and I am using taxes printed and I know I am entering all the info correctly but its saying 

@Mgeorge78 The IRS website says the information is wrong because the IRS has not yet started to process the 2020 tax return after accepting the tax return.  When the IRS starts to process the tax return then there will be a status on the IRS website.

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

Same issue here.  "You may not have entered information correctly".  Accepted on the 12th and E filed.  Called IRS and they have no record of even receiving my return.  It's frustrating because both entities here, Turbo Tax and the IRS will point fingers at eachother and we're left without our money.  I paid 90$ to have my taxes filed and I paid out of pocket, I didn't use the feature to have it taken from my refund.  

Someone at Turbo Tax needs to contact the IRS and ask them why this is happening to so many of their customers.  There is a breakdown somewhere. 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

This is normal. It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to update. The IRS began processing returns on 2/12, you may not find a record of it or the website may say that you have put in incorrect information when tracking your federal refund. As your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated. Continue checking the Where’s My Federal Refund tool for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight.

What does pending mean?

Please use this link to track your refund from the IRS

Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

But how is it that a huge portion of taxpayers have had theirs go through with no issues?  You can see how some of us would be concerned.  

@DoninGA wrote:

@Mgeorge78 The IRS website says the information is wrong because the IRS has not yet started to process the 2020 tax return after accepting the tax return. 

Except no, that's not necessarily true. Every day for the last week I had a "Return Received" bar when I accessed the WMR tool. Today I have the error that states  "You may not have entered your information correctly. Please verify your personal tax data and try again."  I know for a fact what I entered was correct because I've been entering it and getting a response. I have never gotten this error before. When I call the IRS refund hotline [phone number removed]) I get the message that my return has been received and is still being processed. There's a glitch in the matrix.

Mine has never shown the bar and has never updated even on the hotline.  All points to the return not being processed or even received.  

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

You can verify if you e-filed here E-file status lookup. 

The most common timeframe for the IRS to release refunds is within 21 calendar days after the e-filed return has been accepted (received), not 21 days from the e-filing date. Please refer to the page below for more details.  

When will I get my IRS tax refund? - Community  

@AkinaLO wrote:

You can verify if you e-filed here E-file status lookup. 

The most common timeframe for the IRS to release refunds is within 21 calendar days after the e-filed return has been accepted (received), not 21 days from the e-filing date. Please refer to the page below for more details.  

When will I get my IRS tax refund? - Community  

I wouldn't have gotten this far if I didn't already know that my return was ACCEPTED by the Federal AND State.  I'm not even worried about the 21 days. I'm concerned that after a week of seeing the "Received and Processing" bar on WMR, now it's saying that I entered my information wrong and can not give me an update at all because it seemingly doesn't know who I am, or that I even had a return they were working on yesterday. I KNOW I didn't enter my information wrong because I'm entering it the same way I have been entering it all week.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

If you e-filed, make sure the return was e-filed successfully and accepted:

• Re-check your e-file status 

Make sure to enter the federal refund amount without the state refund, less any TurboTax fees if you chose to pay any fees out of the refund.

• If you are married filing jointly try using the Social Security Number for the name that appears first on the return. 

If you have already tried the above on the IRS WMR website, you can check the status of your refund by calling the IRS Refund Hotline at 800-829-1954. 

Please check Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund (WMR)? to learn more. 

@ naruiz wrote:

I wouldn't have gotten this far if I didn't already know that my return was ACCEPTED by the Federal AND State.  I'm not even worried about the 21 days. I'm concerned that after a week of seeing the "Received and Processing" bar on WMR, now it's saying that I entered my information wrong and can not give me an update at all because it seemingly doesn't know who I am, or that I even had a return they were working on yesterday. I KNOW I didn't enter my information wrong because I'm entering it the same way I have been entering it all week.

That IRS WMR tool is quirky even in a normal year when it can sometimes say it can't find your info as the return moves through different stages of processing.  This year moreso than usual.  I don't know if it's due to the fact that the IRS system is simply inundated (they received 35 million tax returns in just one week in February, 29 million another week).

The first steps, as you have already done, is to be sure the efiled return was accepted, and that all info is entered correctly into the WMR tool, which you also have already done.  

If it found your information previously, then you at least know they received it and should be processing it.  The message you are getting is very common this year.  You'll see lots of comments about it in multiple threads in this forum.

As you mentioned in another comment, and as was so in your case, the IRS Refund Hotline may be able to find a status even if the IRS WMR tool doesn't.  800-829-1954

Even the IRS knows its tool is glitchy.  A lot of filers are still seeing "Return Received" in the WMR tool even after their refunds have been sent--enough that the IRS had to post a notice on its website.

jenncc
Returning Member

I filed the day i got my w2, they accepted both of my federal and my state on 2/12... it's now 3/2, and i still get the SAME STUPID MESSAGE.................

"You may not have entered your information correctly. Please verify your personal tax data and try again."

I know I'm entering my frigging information correctly.. it's not rocket science... and I'm only entering my federal amount, not the combined amount... I'm getting worried, impatient and sick to my stomach. I'm on the verge of losing my apartment. they really need to update me.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies