Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

Where do I enter my license code on this website? I have purchased a basic Turbo Tax disc. there is no pop-up window on this page

Follow the instructions in this link here to install the software on your Mac. Use this link here to contact Customer Support if you need further assistance. 

@hockeytown56

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Where do I enter my license code on this website? I have purchased a basic Turbo Tax disc. there is no pop-up window on this page

After dragging the Turbo Tax checkmark icon to the Applications folder, I am not getting the Your product is installed notice, so I haven't been able to enter my License Code.  Please Help! 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the following TurboTax help article to assist with troubleshooting your installation issue:

TurboTax for Mac installation troubleshooter

If you tried the steps in the help article and other suggestions in this thread and you are still having issues, please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support. 

What is the TurboTax phone number?

@hockeytown56

I have paid for Turbotax online and have followed the steps to load software.  However, after dragging the Turbotax Checkmark to the Applications folder in the pop up, it seems to install, but it doesn't give me a Your Product is Installed screen, therefore I am never able to enter my License Code.  Please help!

Please see the following TurboTax help article to assist with troubleshooting your installation issue:

TurboTax for Mac installation troubleshooter

If you tried the steps in the help article and other suggestions in this thread and you are still having issues, please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support. 

Where do I enter my license code?

@dcariveau16 

What are you trying to do ?    Install the downloaded program ?    Or use the license code on the Online program? 

I'm trying to install the downloaded program and activate it.

Please see the troubleshooting steps in the below TurboTax Help Article to see if they might help resolve your activation issue:

Troubleshoot blank screens, missing buttons, or missing images

Another potential cause is that your video card driver may not be compatible and may need to be updated. Please see the following help article for more information: 

How do I fix blank screens during activation or in-product purchases in TurboTax Desktop for Windows...

If you continue to have issues with your software, please reach out to Customer Support.

...OR use this:

.... this is the likely issue with anyone with a blank page during the running of Desktop TTX software.

.......TTX should only be installed and run as an Administrator..not in some guest account without administrator privileges...but it's hard to know each person's exact setup.

Exit TurboTax....then:

1)  right click TurboTax 2018 icon

2)  Select  … Properties

3)  Select the  Compatibility tab

4) In the "Settings" box … check the box to "Run this program as an administrator"

This has fixed the problem for a number of users now.

Ron76
Returning Member

So how do I get started then?

@Ron76   This is a long thread.  What do you need help getting started with?

Ron76
Returning Member

I’m trying to get started and I can’t find where to enter my License Code in Turbo Tax. How do I get this done and is there a phone number so someone can talk me through this?

@Ron76   Did you install the program on your computer from the CD or from the download?  After it installs it will launch the program and ask for the License Code.  Are you getting a blank  Activation box or screen?   Are you on Windows or Mac?

How to install the Desktop CD/Download program with a License Code

How to install TurboTax CD/Download software with license code

bobsale

I have also purchased a basic TT disc. There is no window in which to insert the license code. How do I find it? The screen just sits here looking at me doing nothing.

bob

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the below TurboTax help article for assistance with fixing this issue.

How do I fix blank screens during activation or in-product purchases in TurboTax Desktop for Windows...

@bobsale

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies