Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Update not working

Yeah, this is my last year using TurboTax, a major clusterFu%# this year, not worth the extorted added price compared to competing products.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Update not working

Please see the TurboTax help topic for assistance with updating your software: Manually Update TurboTax for Windows Software (Basic, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business). https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-software-basic-...

Also, try turning off your virus protection and then turn it back on after your return saves. Please click here for the TurboTax Help link on how to disable virus protection. https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/how-to-disable-your-virus-protection-software/00/2...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Update not working

The patch doesn't work. It tells me I don't have TT installed. I almost wish i didn't. 

DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

Update not working

To add to the solutions provided by Critter and DoninGA here is some more information to try to help resolve this issue:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/state-loop-indicates-turbotax-is-up-to-[product ke...

Update not working

In the 2+ hour conversation with one of your "experts," we tried this multiple times. IT DID NOT WORK!

Update not working

Hi

I am having the same issue. Called customer support twice, followed all the instructions, clearing history, cookies etc. I uninstalled and re-installed. Nothing works. I did not get this from amazon, but I feel like I was ripped off also

Update not working

Thor88, you are a miracle worker. It looks like this may actually be working. Good work and thanks for sharing.

Update not working

@capitan55 wrote:

Thor88, you are a miracle worker. It looks like this may actually be working. Good work and thanks for sharing.

That solution has been posted several times on this thread.

Update not working

Thank you kindly! I spent three hours attempting to apply the "fixes" Intuit suggested, none of which worked. Your 30 second simple fix solved the problem immediately. If I was you I'd be demanding compensation from Intuit!

Rileyq2

Update not working

i can not update or download state

Update not working

Csaddler I am hearing you-- besides buying TTax this year and encountering the problems with it, I then decided to what the heck just buy H&R Block tax software to try it for the first time. I have to say TTax is friendlier than H&R, but I do not know if I want to buy TTax again and risk having more issues; plus TTax has gotten so expensive compared to competitors--- if TTax is going to charge so much more then it should earn what it charges with a friendly works out of the box experience, not these headaches.

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

Update not working

You would want to reach out to TurboTax Customer service directly. Let the agent on the phone know that it is a known issue and that the solution is to push you first a federal soft, then state. This is with the assumption that you have already paid for it. After a new download is pushed, it works like magic. I hope this helps!

Update not working

Turn off antivirus, turn off firewalls, are you kidding? I did that once and my computer became a brick. I have never had to turn off antivirus or disable firewalls in the past 20 years of using TTax to make it work on my Windows PC, I am not going to do that ever; doing that risks letting TTax install rogue code, spyware, etc. and that is not worth it to me when there are other tax software programs that do not do require putting one's computer at risk. No reason at all for TTax to need antivirus software disabled, or Windows firewall disabled-- if needed TTax can talk to Microsoft to by default let TTax through a firewall.

Update not working

I agree totally. Your earlier suggestion to simply run it as an Administrator worked for me. I was able to update, download state and file (just like old times). But, you are right, we should not even have to jump through this hoop, much less all this other stuff that puts our computer security at risk.

Update not working

THANK YOU!  Running ver V1900R.  This worked for me. I was getting the System.Runtime.Serialzation.Exception problem when attempting to update.  I contacted TTax and they opened a ticket for me. The tech referred me to a website to download a patch in order to upload updates directly outside the program.  At first it seemed to work but when I opened the VIEW INSTALLED UPDATES tab it showed in red letters download failed, access to database not allowed. So I did more research and came across this idea, tried it, and it works. TTax even opens much faster now. Seems their IT knows about these problems but do not know how to fix them.  It is a shame as you expect more out of a company like Untuit.  We end users should not have to troubleshoot their program to make it work for us.  We waste our valuable time doing their job. And they cannot even correctly read our requests and reply with an approrate  answer. I am a retired senior procurement quality control engineer with a major aerospace company.  If they were selling software to me they would have a ton of corrective action reports to complete before my product acceptance.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies