Get your taxes done using TurboTax

THANK YOU!  Running ver V1900R.  This worked for me. I was getting the System.Runtime.Serialzation.Exception problem when attempting to update.  I contacted TTax and they opened a ticket for me. The tech referred me to a website to download a patch in order to upload updates directly outside the program.  At first it seemed to work but when I opened the VIEW INSTALLED UPDATES tab it showed in red letters download failed, access to database not allowed. So I did more research and came across this idea, tried it, and it works. TTax even opens much faster now. Seems their IT knows about these problems but do not know how to fix them.  It is a shame as you expect more out of a company like Untuit.  We end users should not have to troubleshoot their program to make it work for us.  We waste our valuable time doing their job. And they cannot even correctly read our requests and reply with an approrate  answer. I am a retired senior procurement quality control engineer with a major aerospace company.  If they were selling software to me they would have a ton of corrective action reports to complete before my product acceptance.