Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

shelty1234
Returning Member

Unable to complete.

need someone on line to help me finish state tax please

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Unable to complete.

Please follow the instructions below to activate the TurboTax Live chat feature.

Learn about TurboTax Live’s chat feature

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Unable to complete.

Hi,

I can't finish my filing of my taxes because my email isn't working. Can you send the 6-digit code to my phone so I can sign and submit it. Please help me!!!!

Thank so much, 

Millicent 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Unable to complete.

In this public forum, we do not have direct access to your account, so we are not able to text you any information. 

As stated by TurboTax Expert:  To get a list of your User IDs and recover account access, you can use the tool at the link below.  Try using your phone number since you can no longer access your email address.   If the phone number doesn't work, I've provided a different method at the bottom of this post.

NOTE: Before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser's Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If still no luck after running that on your phone number, and since you can't access the same email address,  here's another method:

Go back to the tool again, but this time leave the data field blank, and choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.

Unable to complete.

My AGI of $101,595 listed on Line 8b of my 2019 return is exactly the same as I listed for my previous years AGI in my current filing. Not sure what the problem is but I did not file electronically last year. Could that be the issue or what do I have to do now?? Thanks. M. Earl Hill

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

Unable to complete.

@gladearl43 What specific error are you getting when trying to complete the filing of your return? 

Unable to complete.

@gladearl43  Yes if you mailed your return the AGI might not be in the right IRS database.  Try entering 0 for the AGI to efile 2020.

Morgan29

Unable to complete.

Downloaded the file but my Mac can't open it

Unable to complete.

After you get the program installed the first thing to do before you open your tax return .tax file is to update the program and install any state programs you had. Then open your file. So you first might need to start a fake return to be able to download the state program (go to FILE - NEW).

Caroyl1948
Returning Member

Unable to complete.

Why

Caroyl1948
Returning Member

Unable to complete.

My laptop doesn’t accept cd. I purchased it. How can I do my taxes on my laptop 

Caroyl1948
Returning Member

Unable to complete.

Are you there 

Caroyl1948
Returning Member

Unable to complete.

Help

Unable to complete.

@Caroyl1948 Does your laptop meet the system requirements for downloading the software?

2020 Desktop TurboTax 

Minimum requirements for your computer

Below are the minimum requirements for TurboTax Federal 2020 software. Product activation required via Internet. Download option requires free online Intuit account.

Windows® CD/Download Products

Operating Systems

• Windows 8 or later (Windows 7 not supported)

RAM

• 2 GB or more recommended

Hard Disk Space

• 1 GB for TurboTax (plus up to 4.5 GB for Microsoft .NET 4.5.2 if not already installed)

Monitor

• 1024x768 or higher recommended

Third Party Software

• Microsoft .NET 4.5.2 (included with TurboTax Installer)

Internet Connection

• 1 Mbps modem (Broadband connection highly recommended). Required for product activation, software updates and optional online features

Printer

• Any Windows-compatible inkjet or laser printer

Administrative rights required

Mac CD/Download Products

Operating Systems

• macOS Mojave 10.14 or later

RAM

• 2 GB or more recommended

Hard Disk Space

• 1 GB for TurboTax

Monitor

• 1024x768 or higher recommended

Internet Connection

• 1 Mbps modem (Broadband connection highly recommended). Required for product activation, software updates and optional online features

Printer

• Any Macintosh-compatible inkjet or laser printer

Access your downloads here

https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/commerce/account/secure/login.jsp?pagecontext=download

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/activating-turbotax-cd-download-software/00/852971

To find your license code:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/i-can-t-find-my-license-code/01/852973

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Unable to complete.

Return is completed, ready to E-file.  Try to file keeps saying need to look over  some things, need more information. this is in relation to 1099-B and Form 8949 entries. do not know what info turbo Tax wants

to complete forms. Really need help, some one to walk me thru this problem. Braden4

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies