Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TurboTax Not Working

In middle of preparing tax return:  Update TurboTax  shows in blue box with yellow border.

No reaction when clicking blue box, or "Back", or any other button.  Cannot save or close program.

Also, havent been able to install updates for a week.

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax Not Working

If you are using TurboTax Online, could you clear cache and delete cookies to resolve your issue. If you are using TurboTax Desktop, which program are you using, also Mac or Windows, and what specific O/S (Windows 10 or 11, or which Mac O/S)?

@gammagailp

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

TurboTax Not Working

That seems to be the so-called Turbo-Tax expert's answer for everything; "Clear your cache". Do they not realize that not everyone is doing their taxes with TurboTax online? I have installed on both Windows 10 and 11, and the data entry for form W2-G is painfully slow. The software is BUGGY! It's not a problem on the users end. It is a problem on the programming end. I finally, at long last, finished my taxes this year using Turbo Tax Deluxe on Windows 11 on a PC with 8 Cores and 64GB RAM. I will NEVER use TurboTax again due to their failure to address this program issue. I will not call Tech Support because my problem is resolved, by me. NO MORE TurboTax.

TurboTax Not Working

I am having a similar  problem in Premier 2021.  I cannot use the File, Edit, buttons, the menu does not drop down and I have called TT at least 5 times. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and the problem remains and I cannot get any valid answers from TT.  Did you get your problem resolved?

TurboTax Not Working

I have contacted your support group at least 5 times and the responses I have received are off the charts. Told I should not buy from a 3rd party vendor such as Target and Amazon, one agent hung up on me, another tried but it was not helpful, one said if I could wait to file until March 18 they should have a fix to my problem and TT would email me (dont believe this), then one read that there is a transmission problem of stock transactions greater than $5,000.  So how do I get my problem resolved, the drop down File, Edit, View, Tools, Online does not work and I have uninstalled and reinstalled at least 6 times and the license code never is removed.  I know this because it never asks me to reenter the license code.  I am using Premier 2021 on a Windows 10 computer.

TurboTax Not Working

@finallyfenix That is ridiculous.  Call again.  Ask for supervisor.  Support should be able to push a new 2021 download installation file to your download account at no charge.  Then you can uninstall the other installation and use the new installation file.

And you may want to use the Revo Uninstaller which is s free app to download just to make sure all the TurboTax files are removed from your computer.

You may be asked for proof of payment if you did not purchase from TurboTax.

TurboTax Not Working

@finallyfenix Also, are you using Windows as your operating system?  If so, are you running the TurboTax program as an Administrator?  If not, try this and see if it help your situation -

Save your tax return.  Close the TurboTax program

Right click on the TurboTax icon on your computer screen

Click on Run as Administrator

Start TurboTax 

TurboTax Not Working

Yes. I have tried installing on my old Windows 10 computer, and on my new Windows 11 computer, running as administrator on both. I downloaded TT from Amazon so perhaps the install file that was provided to them from TT has a bug in it. I've already completed my taxes this year, but it took much longer than it should have. So I will not be calling TT for a new download file. I'll be switching to another program next year.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax Not Working

It would be best to contact us by phone by following the instructions here, so we can look into this further. @acefrr0

TurboTax Not Working

thank you for responding acedrr0.  Well, here is what I have found today: One of the TT support reps told me that on March 4 2022 there was an Announcement that they have a problem such as mine and it will be fixed by March 18. I mentioned this to a 2nd TT rep and they looked it up at the end of an 1 1/2 hour conversation of us not accomplishing anything and said Yes, it is for returns that have more than $5,000 in stock transactions and they called it a transmission problem.  Well today I did my return which did not have any stock transactions but the first return I was attempting to do for my son did have more than $5,000 in stock transactions.  So far doing my return it is slow but no issues using the task bar (File, Edit, View, Help) as with my sons.  So I am still on the old CD because I could never successfully uninstall. And I guess there was nothing wrong with the CD.

TurboTax Not Working

thank you for responding acedrr0.  Well, here is what I have found today: One of the TT support reps told me that on March 4 2022 there was an Announcement that they have a problem such as mine and it will be fixed by March 18. I mentioned this to a 2nd TT rep and they looked it up at the end of an 1 1/2 hour conversation of us not accomplishing anything and said Yes, it is for returns that have more than $5,000 in stock transactions and they called it a transmission problem.  Well today I did my return which did not have any stock transactions but the first return I was attempting to do for my son did have more than $5,000 in stock transactions.  So far doing my return it is slow but no issues using the task bar (File, Edit, View, Help) as with my sons.  So I am still on the old CD because I could never successfully uninstall. And I guess there was nothing wrong with the CD.

TurboTax Not Working

It took me three different support people to allow me to enter my W2's but then I got to the deduction section and it turns out I can enter the information but it does not recognize that you enter it when you get to the summary page at the end.

skerch1

TurboTax Not Working

Ever since Microsoft updated my pc from Win10 to Win11 I have been completely unable to load TurboTax software......application just spins for a few seconds and then nothing.....no response nothing.  I'm not sure what has happened but TurboTax developers MUST contact Microsoft to determine what has caused this issue!  It is completely unacceptable to not be backwards compatible on a windows platform with a simple windows update!

Does anyone else have this issue????

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax Not Working

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the software?

@skerch1

dlgaffney

TurboTax Not Working

I am trying to reinstall Turbo Tax 2021 Premier on a new Windows 11 computer.  When I enter my license code to select my download list, I am ask to select operating system, PC/Windows or MAC.  However, I cannot select PC/Windows - it says this system is not supported.  Duh

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies